v1.01.69 (January 9, 2022)
- I have changed the way that objects such as sticks/rocks/carrots/etc respawn over time on the surface. I have added carrots and cabbages back into the mix and checked to see if there are already enough of a type of spawn before I choose.
- I have re-fixed the Lode Miner recipe reveal bug. I accidentally made the last build with the fix turned off. I had to turn the fix off to create the bug, then turn it on to test it and left it off. It should be fixed again. Sorry all.
v1.01.68 (January 7, 2022)
- I fixed a display bug with crafted gear with Rogues at high level. It read over ilevel 100 and couldn't be enchanted, but it is fixed.
- If you took the new Lode Miner talent and were using a non-instant-pickup pickaxe, the blocks would go in your inventory instead of your block inventory, but it is fixed.
- If you took the new Lode Miner talent it didn't unlock bar and armor recipes when you mined something new, but it too is fixed. It should unlock the recipes on character-load if you have any of the ore in your inventory or bank.
v1.01.67 (January 6, 2022)
- I have added Maize seeds to the emblem vendor
- If you placed a torch on the ground and there were no background tiles in any layer, the torch would disappear, but it is fixed.
- Black/Gold chest could spawn nothing if they were level 95+ but it is fixed
v1.01.66 (January 4, 2022)
- While holding a stack of items on your cursor if you right-click (or B-button with controller) it will place one in that inventory slot.
- I made black and gold rare chests spawn much, much better loot
- All your survival talents have been reset. There are new 6 new talents available with more coming soon (14 total).
- Unholy Hafermann is now correctly spawning monsters from levels 100-110
- Fixed a bug with Darting Boots on non-Warrior characters. It was ending like Pureboots instead but should work correctly now.
- Morris wasn't calculating when to spawn a new mushroom and it was much slower than intended. He should spawn them more frequently.
- There was a treasure table error for Hafermann and Krampus. They should drop the scrolls for Wizard and Necromancer now. The drop rates have been slightly boosted to make up for them missing.
v1.01.65 (December 28, 2021)
- I have completely changed the logic for directional digging while digging 3x3 blocks. The logic was created for 1x1 and never took 3x3 into consideration.
- I fixed a bug which resulted in your new heroic emblems being reset to zero every time you loaded your character.
- There have been crash reports associated with the Grim Scythe. I was unable to reproduce the crash but changed the code slightly to make it more protected. Hopefully it has fixed it.
- If you right-clicked on a crystal with an item in your cursor, it removed the item in your cursor and put the crystal there, but it is fixed.
- Both Belzor Bloodeye and It, the Prince of Annihilation had bugs associated with their extra eye appendages. It was the same bug though the Prince of Annihilation would disappear and be invulnerable. The bug has been fixed.
v1.01.64 (December 20, 2021)
The Winter event has arrived!
- Collect snowflakes from monsters that are in your level range and trade the snowflakes in for all sorts of items (pets, hats and many other things) from Jolly Ol' Graybeard in the bank.
- Krampus and Unholy Krampus maps are available from Jolly Ol' Graybeard. Try your hand at the hardest enemy in the game (Unholy Krampus)
Happy Holidays everyone!
Thank you so much for the support everyone has given me in the last year. It is greatly appreciated!
- The Harvest and Halloween events have ended
- I have added the ability to drop and item out of your inventory and onto the ground. There is a new area in the inventory to perform this action. This is helpful for the upcoming co-op.
- I have added a new currency call Emblems
- - Emblems are dropped from Pocket Dimension bosses
- - Gold Find will increase the number of Emblems you get
- - There is an Emblem vendor (Phoenix), located near the Badlands portal. Hafermann maps and twine are available.
- Melee weapons now have colored blur/swoosh trails based on element the weapon uses
- Melee concussive bolts are also now colored based on the element
- Pumpkins and Snowflakes are now separate data and are displayed in the stats window in the inventory
- Slime rooms can now appear in maps
- I have slightly changed the Blind effect to fix a bug with co-op
Note: Co-op is getting very close. I hope to have the test build this week.
v1.01.63 (November 29, 2021)
- I have improved item tooltips so they say "Enchanted <stat>" when that stat comes from or is increased by enchantments
- I changed the text on Quick Charge to indicate it does not stack
- Holy strike text changed to read "melee attack"
- I have redone the code for Nightvision (from Aspire Armor) and removed a ton of bugs associated with it, including some graphical glitches.
- I have added a floating damage message that says "Armor Absorb" when the damage you are doing is less than the armor of the monster.
- The dirt-edge-overlay color for the new Hafermann dimension was accidentally black, but it is fixed.
- If the Hafermann room was on the 0/512 border you couldn't see Hafermann whirlwind sometimes, but it is fixed.
- Fixed clicking on a stack of Maize Twine removing all of them instead of removing one off the stack.
v1.01.62 (November 21, 2021)
Hafermann has arrived!
- The harvest demon Hafermann has arrived in ILB.
- To get Hafermann to appear, you must purchase the Hafermann Dimensional Scroll at the Hag of Halloween.
- The Hafermann Dimension is similar to other maps in the game. You must get 350 MKP to have him take notice and appear.
- Every Hafermann Dimension has an altar portal area
- Hafermann has uncommon and rare drops. Higher magic find will have them drop more frequently
- The Unholy difficulty of Hafermann is also available
- Reminder: Unholy Difficulty Maps -- This difficulty is the hardest in the game.
- - All monsters are level 100+
- - Takes 500 MKP to spawn the boss
- - Resistances have been lowered by 250
- - Armor mitigates less damage
- - Bosses have a lot more hit points, but drop special drops each time
v1.01.61 (November 14, 2021)
- The Harvest event is live! Talk to the Turkey to start the quest. The Halloween event is still live as well.
- There was an item bug where you would lose cosmic/aspire rings when created in the altar then save/quit/load, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug on loading where some monsters would load incorrectly resulting in very odd behaviors
- If you had blocks on your hotbar and died, it was not properly picking them up and you would lose most/all of them, but it is fixed.
- I am working on new content for the Harvest/Halloween event that I hope to patch soon!
v1.01.60 (November 7, 2021)
The Halloween event has begun! As usual, I will be running this into December. Lots to collect for your closet!
- Collect pumpkins from monsters that are in your level range and trade the pumpkins in for all sorts of items (pets, hats and many other things) at the Hag of Halloween.
- To travel to the Hag of Halloween, complete the quest from the Jack-O-Lantern next to the Wizard of Space and Time.
- I have changed the way the Bloom and rendering code works so it bypasses all the new code and memory needed if it is off.
- I fixed a minor UI problem when scrolling with the mouse-wheel and selecting an item in the bank, the popup would stay.
- If you set your config to have directional digging off, it was ignoring that to start the game, but it is fixed.
- Pets were not being loaded correctly so they have been reset and should save/load correctly now.
- When placing blocks (dirt/cobblestone/etc) in the world, it wasn't updating the recipe component counts, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug while eating a mushroom of confusion and having flying, you could get stuck flying up to the clouds.
- I am working on some new content for the Halloween event that I hope to patch in the next few days.
v1.01.59 (May 13, 2021)
The Winter event has ended. It only took until May
- I have added Bloom to the graphics engine. You can turn it on/off in the graphic options
- I have optimized the graphics engine a bit
- When picking up any block, it will first search for an incomplete stack in your inventory and place it there before going into your block inventory.
- I have added a bit of detail to the Mind Break descriptions
- I have fixed a bug where rainbow beam wands were always displaying white beams.
- There are other bugs I've fixed with loading characters and upgrading characters
- Development has slowed down on ILB in the last few months, but I remain dedicated to adding new content, features, and patching. I hope to be patching more often for the next few months. It is coming up on the 2-year-anniversary of release.
v1.01.58 (January 15, 2021)
- I added a quest at the beginning to show off the block inventory
- Music and atmosphere tracks are now randomly selected for maps
- Once you use the composter, it will automatically stop using it if you move your character. This is to prevent composting items from far away.
- I slightly lowered the levels for ore types to appear in maps so they appear sooner
- If you pick up blocks in your inventory, it now highlights the "to blocks" button
- I added extra digging tooltips to all pickaxes, not just the starting ones
- Ogres were missing the graphics for the Wings hat, but it is fixed
- Fixed the problem with block pick up sounds not playing
- Hellhounds were creating blocks in the world while chewing through, but it is fixed
- I finally fixed the 0/512 wrap-around bug with The Tentacle of It. This bug has been in for 2 years.
- Typo fixes: Cold Immune, Tome of Atonement and Armor Mitigates
- If you planted a crystal pre-v1.01.53 and had not harvested them before patching to v1.01.53, they were broken. These broken crystal plants are fixed and are ilevel 25.
- If you had an uncommon, rare or exceptional Lord High Marshalls it was not showing set bonuses on tool tip, but it is fixed.
- If you were using a resolution less than 1920x1080, the block count wasn't showing up on the block pages, but it is fixed.
v1.01.57 (January 7, 2021)
- I changed the stack size of Parchment to from 50 to 250
- When crafting a stack of items, there was a bug with the new component counting system and it used too much of the components, but it is fixed.
v1.01.56 (January 7, 2021)
- I increased the values of the quartz multipliers when mined to give a bit more and be better balanced between difficulties
- Changed it so that all cosmetic items cannot be sold for gold anymore
- I changed the logic on how crafting components get calculated. You shouldn't notice the difference, but please let me know if you have components for something and can't craft it.
- Fixed a bug with the early-game quest that requires you to dig up cobblestone. It should now complete the quest if you dig one up.
v1.01.55 (January 7, 2021)
- I missed adding the Cat Ears hat to the cosmetic Closet, but it is fixed
v1.01.54 (January 7, 2021)
- Fixed a display issue with the number of bank pages you had. It didn't scale properly with the new page size
- Changed the tooltip on bank tabs at the vendor to say 30 slots instead of 24
- The Closet now checks your vault as well for unlocking cosmetic items on character load
v1.01.53 (January 7, 2021)
- The Closet has been added to the game.
- - All cosmetic items (hats, pets, outfits, back-items) are now unlocked on an account basis
- - There are 4 new pages at the vault that keep track of your unlocked cosmetic items
- - Once unlocked, you can make unlimited versions of the cosmetic by clicking on the icon
- - The list of unlocked cosmetics gets updated when you load a character into the world
- - Once the cosmetics are unlocked, feel free to trash any cosmetics to free up some space in your bank or inventory
- Bank pages and the vault have been enlarged to 5x6, up from 4x6.
- - I like the multiple of 5/10 better and it works better with the Closet.
- - Your bank items have not moved pages during the enlargement process.
- Block Inventory
- - You now have 3 pages to your inventory: Normal and 2 Block pages.
- - All blocks have been removed from your inventory and bank and placed in this alternate inventory
- - Blocks stack to 10,000 in this inventory
- You can change pages to blocks, click on them, and make a stack of up-to 50, or shift+click for 500, place them in your hotbar or inventory and place them in the world like normal.
- - You can return blocks back into the block inventory with a new "to-block" location on the inventory panel
- - Crafting recipes which require blocks will craft out of this inventory first
- - When you pick-up or auto-pick-up any block, it will be placed in your block inventory
- - No-block pickaxes, The Great Leveler and Darting Boots now instantly loot the blocks (instead of destroying) and place them in your block inventory
- - I hope this leads to an easier way to design and customize your town
- I have increased the block placement range slightly
- Unholy Krampus and its minions had their health slightly reduced. The fight was a bit longer than intended.
- Added a new complete message in the right-side tips-list once you defeat any map end-boss.
- Fixed a terrible, terrible bug which could delete old characters on file-split-upgrade if the upgrade failed. A few months back, I split the character saves into 2 files to get ready for multiplayer and this was recently broken if your character had not gone through it.
- There was also a bug in the file-split upgrade process that has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug with Barn Upgrade. If you upgraded your barn, it was marked on a character level, so new characters picking up the barn would remove the upgrade but is now marked on an account level.
v1.01.52 (December 30, 2020)
- I have slightly adjusted the heal values on Grim Scythe
- I have added uncommon, rare, and exceptional set descriptions to Lord High Marshall's items. Current Lord High Marshall's items with affixes will not be fixed.
- A small number of affixes replaced a stat instead of adding to it, but they are fixed. If the stat rolled twice, it just replaced instead of increasing. This bug has been around a long, long time. Great find community!
v1.01.51 (December 30, 2020)
- The holiday set ilevel was being displayed and evaluated incorrectly, but it is fixed
v1.01.50 (December 30, 2020)
- The Eye of Krampus can now be operated to give 50 Winter Snowflakes or be used in recipes. It has also been upgraded to unique quality.
- Unholy Krampus will now drop both The Eye of Krampus and a special Krampus Runeword recipe every time
- I have added a bit of color to Uncommon, Rare and Exceptional Unique popup dialog boxes to convey rarity a bit better
- Fixed a bug which allowed Krampus to become vulnerable when it was invisible
- Paladin purified blocks became dirt in shared towns if you saved and quit. Now they will revert to their old blocks on save and quit.
- Fixed another particle bug on the 0/512 wrap around
v1.01.49 (December 29, 2020)
- If you read an unholy map, reading a different map or difficulty book did not remove the debuff, but it is fixed.
- If a Lord Marshalls set piece had affixes, it no longer was considered a set, but it is fixed
- Uniques with affixes were not intended to have prefix and suffix words and they have been removed
v1.01.48 (December 29, 2020)
Unholy Krampus has arrived!
- Jolly Ol' Graybeard has a new Runeword to the Unholy Krampus Dimension
- New difficulty: Unholy Difficulty Maps -- This difficulty is the hardest in the game. More Unholy maps are coming soon.
- - All monsters are level 100+
- - Takes 500 MKP to spawn the boss
- - Resistances have been lowered by 250
- - Armor mitigates less damage
- - Bosses have a lot more hit points, but higher drop rates on boss-specific loot
- - Unique armors that drop here can have upgrades, like affixes and more
- I have modified most of the existing Runewords in the game. They no longer require Aspire Armor to create. You can directly Runeword most armors now
- I have doubled the amount of armor and hit point increase you get from many Runewords to make up for the loss of Aspire
- I have lowered the rune requirements for Aspire Armor
- Stamina and Slow Digestion are no longer on/off. They are now stats. There are new affixes for them on items. They are visible in the stats window in inventory.
- I have changed crystal planting so that the bulb cost scales with player level. The result crystal ilevel is determined at creation of the bulb now as well.
- You can now only have one copy of a unique crystal socketed in all of your equipped armors at once. This does not include weapon, just equipped armor.
- I have increased the stats on many unique crystals to make up for this. Your crystals will automatically upgrade.
- I have added 5 new unique crystals
- The "ultra" rarity for inferno armor is now available. This does not add an affix, but it does add something else...
- Added two Winter outfits, a hat, and a cloak for sale at Jolly Ol' Graybeard
- Added some alternate sound pitches to sword swings, impacts and wand attacks
- I put the Rogue flask healing amounts back, but the extra swing is more consistent than before
- Somehow Jolly Ol' Graybeard was marked as being able to pick up the bank but shouldn't have been. It has been fixed.
- If you had a partial bank left behind when picking up with Jolly Ol' Graybeard, the NPCs and all the random bank blocks left behind should be gone.
- Fixed the messaging when right-clicking on ancient items that were on cooldown.
- Right-clicking on ancient items now has better messaging if the ancient item requires a target or can't be toggle except with a hotkey/shortcut.
- Several objects in town had a stray ' at the end of the popup dialog text lines, but it has been fixed
- Fixed a loophole which allowed you to put Character Bound items into the Vault
- Using the mouse wheel to scroll the list on character select now refreshes the mouse position and selects the character box
v1.01.47 (December 21, 2020)
- If you had the Harvest quest active, it now hides the quest display. The egg and quest are still completable, it just isn't displayed.
- Slightly changed the display and wording on an Ancient Crystal to be a bit clearer
- If you summoned the Holiday Spirit while a Krampus Dimension was active, the name changed to The Demon Holiday Spirit, but it is fixed.
- The ring Whales Teeth gave you 3x3 digging but didn't show it in the description. It is fixed.
- Jolly Ol' Graybeard now hides during invasions
- Fixed a long-standing bug with monsters not being spawned or loaded in the correct place in the surface zone. This included the Holiday Spirit.
- Poisonous Phial and Soul Jar were not using the new minimum and maximum damage calculations, but it is fixed
v1.01.46 (December 20, 2020)
- Fixed a freeze bug when reading Hell, Inferno and rarely Nightmare World Books
v1.01.45 (December 20, 2020)
Krampus has arrived!
- The winter demon Krampus has arrived in ILB.
- To get Krampus to appear, you must construct the Krampus Dimensional Scroll. This runeword can be purchased at Jolly Ol' Graybeard.
- The Krampus Dimension is similar to other maps in the game. You must get 350 MKP to have him take notice and appear.
- Every Krampus Dimension has an altar portal area
- Krampus has uncommon and rare drops. Higher magic find will have them drop more frequently
- An "ultimate" version Krampus is coming soon...
- I have changed the sequence of math on percent elemental damage.
- - It used to be a multiply your base with min/max damage additions after, but it now multiples last.
- - The additions now include stats to damage before the multiply as well
- - Because of this change min/max weapon damage has been cut in half of what it used to be. All of your items will change their values.
- Minimum and Maximum to weapon damage have changed and now apply to spells as well as weapons. They have been renamed to min/max damage
- There is a new tier of crystal in the game. This is only crafted with runewords.
- I have greatly reduced the amount of light given off by the Glowing Plasma Stone block. It was too bright deep in the dungeon.
- I have redone the calculations for area damage. It will now include a lot of modifiers it should have, including + to damage, % attribute to damage and uses the new damage calculations.
- - There may be some ancients that will need tuning.
- - This should help bard (and other AoE ancients) damage scale better, I hope.
- Jolly Ol' Graybeard now has extra Holiday Spirit scrolls
- Balance on the rogue revamp is still underway. I have slightly increased the healing from Assassin's Crazed Concoction.
- The holiday armor was never made for the Ogre, but when you wear it, you should see yourself now.
- When a non-Warrior used the Darting Boots, it acted like Pureboots instead, but it is fixed.
- It was possible to create two Homestones in a rare loophole, but it is fixed.
- I have fixed the 0x0 resolution bug. When selecting resolutions, the list of possibilities was broken, but it is fixed.
- There was a small one-block "jump" of many entities when you crossed the 0/512 world wrap, but it is fixed.
- Darting boots was supposed to have a 7 second cooldown at rank 2, but it was accidentally set to 8. It is now 7.
- If you placed your Homestone on platforms, it wasn't spawning you correctly on the platforms and would place you below, but it is fixed.
- There were some sprite drawing problems between players and NPCs that could cause flicker, but it is fixed.
- I have changed the draw order for the eggs/milk/quest images above an NPC's head so they don't go in front of the player
v1.01.44 (December 14, 2020)
- I have increased bleeding damage to be twice as good
- Execute now has a bigger display message
- When a map boss is spawned, there are new phrases and sound
- With a lot of help from the community, I fixed the bug with the crafting panel being up interacting with a merchant left you in a state where the UI didn't work anymore
- Fixed a bug with maps where bosses wouldn't show up sometimes
- If you had a building on your hotbar and were placing it, while you tried to pick up a building, it left a "ghost" image behind, but it is fixed
- While using a controller, you couldn't complete The Mysterious Egg, but it is fixed and the UI states how to complete it.
- There was a block available in creative which was unbreakable. It looked similar to corruption, so it was changed to corruption.
- Fixed a bug where corruption could be changed into an unbreakable barrier block
- Boss colored lights have been adjusted
- Fixed a particle bug on the 0/512 wrap-around which resulted in slightly shifted health bars
- You could get quest credit for killing bosses in maps, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a loophole which allowed you to equip items and bypass the level requirements for gear
- Fixed a message when reading the story log with a controller. It now says how to access the found notes
v1.01.43 (December 12, 2020)
Happy Holidays from Graybeard Games!
The Holiday Event Part 1 has arrived in ILB:
- The town has been decorated and the NPCs are feeling festive as we prepare for the winter holiday.
- The Holiday event will run for several weeks. Collect Winter Snowflakes from monsters that are in your level range and trade the snowflakes in for all sorts of items (pets, hats and many other things) at Jolly Ol' Graybeard located in the bank.
Note: This patch has arrived a bit sooner than anticipated. This was to fix a major bug that blocked progression. The rest of the event will be coming this week.
- I have added the tech for objects (torches, forge, doors, all sorts of things) to animate into the engine. This is a long-desired feature that I'm excited to finally add. You will notice new animations for torches and the campfire along with blinking holiday lights in town.
- I have also added new colored lighting technology to the engine. This should be quite noticeable. It may be a bit over-the-top right now and I will be adjusting it over the next few patches.
- You can turn the colored lighting off in the options menu for increased speed (though it is minor).
- I have put the old status numbers (health, mana, etc) back in the upper left. You have both orbs and numbers now! I may make this an option to toggle.
- Fixed yet another major quest-blocking bug with prerequisites.
v1.01.42 (December 8, 2020)
- Fixed a problem with the direct-eyeball attack that resulted in less than intended damage
- Fixed a bug with the quest system not completing quests
v1.01.41 (December 6, 2020)
- I have added a few more stats to the stats window
- I fixed a bug with quest prerequisites when starting without a shared town
- The new suffixes were not generating correctly, but it is fixed
- Fixed a rare bug which could result in multiple Great Gobblers. You should only have one now.
v1.01.40 (December 5, 2020)
- The code for the 0/512 world-wrap has been completely rewritten for multiplayer reasons. Hopefully you won't notice anything, but there could be bugs.
- There are FOUR new bank tabs available at the general vendor. They range in price from 1M to 8M gold.
- Increased the gold cap from 50M to 100M
- I changed Bloodlust. It was too powerful now that you have 5x hit points in the new balance era.
- Maps will now drop unique items from Badlands as well
- Growth wands now give 1% per stack instead of 5%. Percents are a tricky game... You can still get to 50% damage which is great, but not 250% damage.
- I have put a hard cap on a single source of damage at 67M. This will one-shot anything in the game, but won't break the math in the damage functions.
- You can now trash directly from out of the shared stash, instead of placing it in your inventory first
- You can now select things with your cursor while the pause-menu is up. This allows you to highlight what killed you.
- I added a display message when you read a bank tab document to increase your bank size.
- Added a few new suffixes for rare weapons and crystals to the game
- I have changed stats calculation so that a class that uses Intelligence will have 0 Dexterity and a class that uses Dexterity will have 0 Intelligence.
- I have changed a few of the Rogue ancients again. This is an ongoing upgrade.
- The Whisper Slippers now give dodge rating and Riposte damage. Any time something damages you, they take Riposte damage in return.
- Assassin's Crazed Concoction now gives you extra attack and a chance to heal while you have X stacks or more. The stacks to trigger this effect increase over time.
- Executioner's Cowl now gives execute chance based on Dexterity and you can increase the percentage when you can execute and even execute bosses with melee
- Fixed a really bad bug which didn't allow people to see any main menu (or Graybeard Logo) when starting up.
- Fixed the description of the Pocket Dimension map to say 350 MKP
- The orbs were blocking the page-arrows for bank/vendors/etc but they now go behind the panel.
- Brawler's Brass Knuckles description now mentions 3x3 digging. It always gave it, but it wasn't in the pop-up text
- Fixed the text on Ring of Lifetap to read 0.5% not 5% lifesteal on crit. This already operated correctly but was the wrong description with the lifesteal change.
- Fixed a bug with hitting the quest dialog key when there were no quests left
- There were some problems with having both a familiar and necro skulls on game-load, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug with The Great Gobbler and moving the bank
- There was a bug with the quest prerequisite code, but it is fixed
- I fixed the text in the Level 20 quest which stated that you get your final ancient at 25, when you just got your last one.
- Fixed a problem with Elemental Armor. Some Elements were accidentally setting more than just one element to have armor against.
- Elemental Armor removed the ability to do executes, but it is fixed
- Moved the controller tips up now that we have the orb interface
v1.01.39 (November 24, 2020)
- Increased the amount of MKP you need to spawn the boss in maps from 250 to 350
- Slightly increased (~10%) the amount of damage monsters do
- Gave the Wizard 3 maps instead of 1 per day
- Fixed a bug which didn't generate enchanting gems in map levels
- When choosing which ore to place in a map, it was using a lower ilevel than it should have. High end maps (ilevel 95+) will now have Sunrise/Nether.
- The description on a map still had information about completing in 20 minutes, but it is removed.
v1.01.38 (November 24, 2020)
- Added some clarification on orbs during the starting quests
- Fixed a bug which often selected the wrong shape for crystals while using maps
v1.01.37 (November 23, 2020)
- Fixed a bug with the hotbar. Tooltips were not showing up and items could not be moved, but it is fixed. This was due to the new mouse-over on orbs.
v1.01.36 (November 23, 2020)
- The Harvest event is live! Talk to the Turkey to start the quest. The Halloween event is still live as well.
- You can now buy a map at the vendor starting at level 25
- - Maps are going to be a foundation of the end-game, but are just in for testing at this point
- - Maps reset your dungeon just like changing difficulty, but contain only one area and one boss, but many named monsters.
- - You can buy the map (Pocket Dimension) at the Wizard.
- - Maps are meant to be short dungeon runs around 15-30 minutes.
- - Maps always spawn around your level range, so everything will grant you experience
- - Each map has an appropriate crystal, gem and ore type expected for your character level
- - Maps will close the door to the badlands. You must create a new world with a nightmare/hell/inferno book to go to the badlands
- - They spawn 1 randomly generated area with 1 boss. You need 250 MKP (monster kill points) to spawn the boss. The boss is randomly chosen.
- The game has been majorly rebalanced. This is to set up a better, more robust, end-game.
- - You will have significantly more hit points than before. Also, you will get more base hit points per level. Most of your hit points came from armor, but now it is more balanced.
- - Dodge, Block and Critical Hit have been changed to diminishing returns
- - First 10 points are about the same (10%), next 10 are about half as effective (20=15%) and cap is 30%
- - First 10 points are about the same (10%), next 10 are about half as effective (20=15%) and cap is 30%
- - Lifesteal on crit was way too powerful and has been reduced to 1/10th the amount
- The range you could get experience and damage monsters without penalty was +/- 5 levels and has been changed to 10
- - Changed experience ranges for mobs different than you.
- - Gain full experience +/- 10 levels (used to be 5)
- - If monster is 11+ levels below you, experience is reduced 10% per (level difference - 10) (eg: 0% at -20 levels different)
- - If monster is 11+ levels above you, experience is reduced 5% per (level difference - 10) with a minimum of 10%
- - Gain full experience +/- 10 levels (used to be 5)
- - Changed damage ranges (Player vs Monster)
- - Full damage for anything 10 levels (used to be 5) above you or below (including below your level)
- - If the monster is 11+ levels above you, 10% damage reduction per (level difference - 10) with a minimum of 10% (used to be 5%)
- - Full damage for anything 10 levels (used to be 5) above you or below (including below your level)
- - Changed damage ranges (Monster vs Player)
- - Full damage +/- 10 levels between you (used to be 5)
- - If the player is 11+ levels above the monster, damage is reduced by 5% per (level difference - 10) with a minimum of 10%
- - If the monster is 11+ levels above the player, damage is increased by 10% per (level difference - 10) with no cap
- - Full damage +/- 10 levels between you (used to be 5)
- - These damage differences are calculated before armor reduction
- Part of the damage calculation stated that damage after armor reduction must result in no lower than 15% of the damage being taken. I'm not sure why this was in there. It ultimately reduced the effectiveness of armor for no real reason. Armor is on a diminishing returns curve anyhow. This minimum has been removed.
- Reduced the amount of damage monsters do (0-40%), especially at the end-game.
- Greatly increased armor amounts (0-400%) for monsters, again, mainly at end-game. Armor is a straight damage reduction for monsters.
- Increased the amount of hit points for monsters by about 20% with the biggest changes at the end-game
- Reduced amount of damage Unique monsters do by 30%
- There is the start of a UI revamp. There are now health/mana/hunger/energy orbs instead of numbers in the upper-left.
- - Changed display of speed, dodge, block and magic find in the inventory stats window to show better details on rating with percent
World and Monster Generation:
- There are new affixes for Unique monsters, including element immunity.
- There are several new rooms available in the dungeons
- Increased the chance of rune areas appearing in dungeons
- I have removed the buff for monsters in nightmare and above that allowed them to see through walls and dig. Too much of the dungeon was being dug up. You must reset the dungeon for monsters to lose this ability.
- There are new nightmare and above affixes for all monsters
- I have changed it so that the monsters in the badlands on nightmare difficulty or above can be any type of monster
- Bosses only drop seeds on normal difficulty
- I stopped spawning rocks/sticks/etc if there are enough on the surface already
- Ring of Lifetap has changed to 10 critical rating
- Lord Marshalls set now gives same 1% life regen for 5 seconds on kill, just like Necromancer Black Heart
- Health potions:
- - Added new health potion: Legendary for 90-100 and added a recipe to create it.
- - Changed recipe for making a mythic heal potion to be easier.
- - Changed invulnerable potion to be much more expensive.
- - Change health potion values to adjust for new hit point scaling
- - Changed Neverending Potion of Life to scale with new hit points
- The Rogue class was not viable in end-game and a few of their skills have been revamped. They are easier to play now as well.
- Deep Wounds, the Rogue-class ability, now gives 5% attack speed per stack and it now stacks to 10 instead of 15.
- All of the items that used Deep Wounds stacks have been changed.
- Whisper Slippers now is an ability that gives rank-increasing Dodge rating and Execute chance that lasts for 5 seconds. It has no other requirements.
- The Refreshing Flask has changed to the Assassin's Crazed Concoction.
- - Once you hit 10 stacks of Deep Wounds, you automatically trigger a buff for 3 seconds.
- - This buff from the Concoction gives you an rank-increasing chance for an extra attack. This is a full extra hit and is triggered automatically while attacking.
- - If you perform an extra attack while this buff is active, you heal by a rank-increasing amount
- The Assassin's Cowl has changed to the Executioner's Cowl of Soul Stealing
- - If you execute and enemy, you gain rank-increasing amounts of hit point regeneration for 5 seconds
- Rogue's Readiness (the Badlands Rogue runeword) has changed.
- - It still gives an 80% chance of getting a stack of Deep Wounds when attacking (default is 50%).
- - It changes the Execute cooldown from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. You can execute twice as often.
- Black Heart now gives 1% life regen for 5 seconds after a kill instead of 5% for 4 seconds
- Greatly Increased healing earned through Grim Scythe
- Removed extended effects with Surging Elixir and changed health regeneration percent
- Increased the healing from the Melizod's Bass
- Fixed a bug which wouldn't update your character look while creating it
- If your desktop res was below 1920x1080, the default window was too big and you couldn't load the game, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the unique drops of bosses. Once a unique decided to drop, it had 10x less chance of being uncommon or rare uniques than was intended.
- Fixed boss HP bar and Tips on pause menu overlapping
- Fixed whirlwind not breaking shadows/wisp
- Fixed rogue level req was sometimes red when they could use it on item popup (display only)
- Crystal planting was not using magic find correctly, but it is fixed
v1.01.35 (October 27, 2020)
- When using a controller, you can now go left in the inventory using the dpad while at the bank from the equipment slots
- I have changed Abel so that he will not charge you again if your items are within 8 blocks of him. This will prevent people from accidentally using him twice in a row while picking up their items.
- You can now extract coffee beans from coffee berries
- You can now roast coffee beans and make coffee. You must take the Barista talent in the survival tree. If you already have this talent, it will unlock the recipes when you load your character.
- There was a bug which prevented you from seeing the character you were creating, but it is fixed.
- I fixed a crash bug associated with placing a building high in the sky and intersecting with the clouds
- There were several bugs associated with placing a building near the clouds and not drawing and placing correctly, but they are fixed.
- If the achievement title was too long to fit in the banner it overflowed the edges, but it is fixed and now scales properly.
- You could extract seeds from crops that you couldn't harvest yet (like greenhouse), but it is fixed.
v1.01.34 (October 21, 2020)
- Many food and crafting recipes that give buffs now describe the effects in the popup on the crafting panel.
- I increased the time it takes for It to respawn tentacles in normal difficulty
- I have added armor percent increase to the stats window
- You can now destroy the Medals. Please be careful. There isn't a way to get them back.
- Fixed a bug with auto-pickup taking a half a second to react. I recently changed the code and introduced a delay on accident.
- I fixed the way the general vendor decides when to carry the barn upgrade. If the compost vendor is there, the barn upgrade will no longer appear.
- The item count was drawing below item when on mouse cursor, but it is fixed.
- Grim Scythe and Thunderstorm Text now break shadows and wisp
- Some end-game set rings (like Ring of Thorns) didn't have all of their attributes described but it is fixed
- The Bleu cheese buff didn't get food duration benefit, but it is fixed.
- If you had your mouse cursor over an item on the hotbar or crafting panel, the popup would remain stuck on your cursor when you activated the ESC menu, but it is fixed.
- I fixed a bad bug associated with the character save file split that could make your save file unloadable. The files were okay, the way it loaded was not, but it is fixed.
v1.01.33 (October 20, 2020)
- Fixed a bug which wouldn't allow you to complete the homestone quest
- Some new recipes, including cow portal, couldn't be crafted but were showing up in the crafting menu with new characters, and it is fixed. If you have them unlocked, they will stay unlocked, but you can't use them yet.
v1.01.32 (October 20, 2020)
- Fixed items dropping that are not ready for release yet
v1.01.31 (October 20, 2020)
- Fixed a bug with removing or placing the Wizard tower would not re-spawn the Jack-o-Lantern
v1.01.30 (October 20, 2020)
Halloween has arrived in It Lurks Below!
- The Halloween event will run for several weeks. Collect pumpkins from monsters that are in your level range and trade the pumpkins in for all sorts of items (pets, hats and many other things) at the Hag of Halloween.
- To travel to the Hag of Halloween, complete the quest from the Jack-O-Lantern next to the Wizard of Space and Time.
- In preparation for Local Multiplayer, the save files have been split up between player and world. This is a huge change. Please contact me on Discord with any problems. There are backup files.
- As part of the file migration, all the way buffs and debuffs save, load and draw has been changed, but you should not notice any difference.
- There are a few new ancient item icons
- I have redone some rendering code in preparation for Local Multiplayer. You should not notice any difference.
- There was a bug in the framerate count, but it is fixed.
- The Wizard was selling town transfer while you are in a shared town. It was checking incorrectly but is fixed.
- Fixed a problem with mouse-over on buffs that had to do with UI scaling.
v1.01.29 (September 11, 2020)
- There is now better feedback for The Whirling Charm when not using a melee weapon
- Fixed a problem with extracting the vault items out of the town file
- Fixed a bug with transferring between the different sides of a portal. Sometimes you would end up in the dirt, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a potential bug with one-shotting Belzor using a Firestorm Opus. I'm not 100% sure I fixed it, but I know I fixed a NULL pointer bug
- Fixed a problem with vendors displaying more inventory than they actually have
v1.01.28 (September 10, 2020)
- All banks now have a Shared Vault. This allows you to share items across all your characters. You don't need to buy an upgrade. This works in shared towns or unique towns.
- If you had a shared town, I extracted all of the shared vault items out of the town save file and placed them in a new file. I backed up the shared town file. I've tested this quite extensively but let me know if you find any problems. You shouldn't notice any difference.
- The Shared Vault now has 8 new special Class-Ancient item pages.
- Each class has its own page with 5 Ancient item slots
- When you level up a character and gain a new Class-Ancient, it permanently unlocks that Ancient item for every character, not just your current character
- When you scroll through the Shared Vault pages, you will see icons of the Class-Ancient items you have unlocked. Click on the icon to create a new rank 1 version of that item.
- This will make multi-classing much easier and allow for hardcore-multi-classing
- Class-Ancient Items now have a level requirement. You must be 1, 5, 10, 15 or 20 to use the Ancient item, depending on what level they unlock.
- Mythical Keys of Unbinding still exist and you still get them at 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100. The advantage of using them on Ancient items is that you can transfer fully upgraded Ancient Items to other characters instead of creating new ones at rank 1.
- You can now trash Ancient Items. Please be careful...
- I fixed a bug that would prevent you from moving an Ancient item from your vault directly into you Ancient bar
- Finally renamed key to "Mythical Key of Unbinding"
- Fixed another UI scaling bug with quest reward lines printing on top of the reward name
- If you pressed the mouse button to attack and then held it down as you entered another UI window (like inventory) it would keep attacking when you let go, but it is fixed.
- If you clicked outside of the inventory window, it would not update your attack position, but it is also fixed.
v1.01.27 (September 5, 2020)
- I have re-formatted the quest objectives so the long ones wrap instead of going far across the screen
- For resolutions less than 1920x1080, I have reduced the size of the mouse-over text
- I have changed the price for getting your items back from Abel to be half of what they were. Yes. Half.
- Stack size count over item icons in inventory is now using the new font
- The bookcase now brings up the crafting panel when you operate it.
- I added an option to the gameplay options menu for damage numbers. They can be normal, small, or off. Sorry, no Roman Numerals ;)
- All the objects in the game had a quote at the end of the pick-up line, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't pick up equipment you dropped into an empty slot on your character if your inventory was full
- The UI scaling was not working properly for the loading and splash screen, but it is fixed
- Magic Find and Experience Gain were missing from the inventory stats panel, but they have happily returned.
- If you pressed 'e' to start harvesting crystals and walked to rapid harvest, it wouldn't work, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug with UI scaling and items in the altar. The offsets of where to place crystals and other things were off.
- The Ring of Shrine Dominance was dropping. It was incorrectly marked as a unique item, but it is fixed and should no longer drop.
v1.01.26 (September 4, 2020)
- UI scaling has arrived! This is a work in progress still. You can't adjust the scaling yet, but you will be able to in the future.
- There are still a few things that are off in lower-resolutions
- The biggest change that is noticeable is that I changed the font. This was because UI scaling works on fractions instead of perfect scale multiples. The pixel font looked terrible and was unreadable when scaled at fractional levels.
- I'm not certain I will stick with this font. I wanted something more stylish, but this is very readable and easily adaptable to many languages.
- I have also redone some of the level generation logic to prepare for future expansion. You should not notice any difference.
- The large cobalt pickaxe was not working properly in Descent mode, but it should be fixed.
v1.01.25 (August 27, 2020)
- Made some additional improvements and a few fixes to tilling while using a controller
- If you were using controller support and had the mini-map in the lower-left and brought up the inventory, it would not draw the cursor, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug when rapid-planting would not stop even when you let up on the button on the controller
- If you were using controller and the mini-map was in the lower-left, you couldn't use some of the correct UI buttons, but it is fixed.
v1.01.24 (August 24, 2020)
- I have improved controller support while using a hoe.
- I fixed a view transformation bug with DX11 which was different than DX9 and resulted in not being able to pull the camera out as far.
- The melee weapon damage change should be working better now
v1.01.23 (August 23, 2020)
- I have changed the Steam/GoG version of ILB uses DirectX 11 instead of DirectX 9. I have seen a 4x framerate increase (with vsync off). Yes 4x.
- I have rewritten the code for the automap so it does it differently behind the scenes. If all goes well, you won't notice any changes.
- I have made a change to the save files that allows Steam and Game Pass save files to be compatible. This won't work until 1) Game Pass is v1.01.23 or higher and 2) You load and save your character once after that version is available.
- I have increased the amount of damage some melee weapons can do. Cleaving and Concussive weapons did less damage because of their nature but do a bit more now. This only applies to newly generated weapons.
- Using the composter now pops up the inventory automatically as well as setting the cursor to compost.
- The Large Cobalt Pickaxe is now for sale in Descent mode
- The map now functions a bit differently with controller. Before it would only bring up windowed mode, but now you can toggle through all 3 (or set which one in options). The only problem is that in both transparent-overlay and corner-window mode, you can't scroll the map up and down because those buttons are used elsewhere.
- You can now hold down the 'b' button and pick up everything rapidly with a controller. This is similar to the way the hold-right-mouse-button works.
- I have implemented a "rapid harvest/convert-to-seeds" mode so you can hold down the button (either KBM or controller) and either shift/Left-trigger and the button to rapidly harvest crops (including crystals). This is similar to rapid planting.
- When you die, you will no longer toggle off your Ancient Items. They will remain active upon restart.
- Pets counted towards the "monster count" above their heads, but it has been fixed.
- The mouse-wheel scrolled the hotbar selection sometimes (bank/vendor/etc) when it should not be changing the hotbar selection, but they should be fixed.
- Fixed it so you can once again scroll through the ancient ranks without the inventory being open using the mouse-wheel and pointing an ancient item on your hotbar - Fixed having a targeting cursor after using an ancient and then opening a UI (menu/map/etc) where the cursor remained in skill-target mode.
v1.01.22 (August 9, 2020)
- Right-clicking on the refrigerator now opens it as well as 'e'
- When using the quick-menu (start) with controller, it defaults to "recall" if you are below the surface area instead of inventory.
- If you died with the inventory open, you would respawn and the UI would be in a confused state, but it is fixed
- I fixed a bug where pressing B while holding left/right on the controller at a workbench or crafting station would keep you moving as the UI popped up.
- If you used the mouse wheel within stats window in your inventory, it would scroll the hotbar selection, but it is fixed.
- Pickaxes had information about keyboard use in their popup, but I fixed it so controller information appears if you are using controller.
- Tips displayed a lot of information about keyboard shortcuts, so they are disabled with controller now.
v1.01.21 (August 7, 2020)
- Fixed a bug which wouldn't allow you to place buildings
v1.01.20 (August 7, 2020)
- I have made it possible to loot all objects on the surface (grass, rocks, sticks) besides just crops by holding right-mouse-button or controller-b and walking along.
- I have added a new sound when you get an achievement
- I have changed the way map scrolling works on the controller. It now scrolls up and down on holding the button down.
- The game will now draw more than 30 buffs if you have that many
- I have added a skull and count above monster heads when there are more than 3 monsters in a location. It also changes color the more of them that are stacked up.
- Fixed being unable to harvest crystals from the greenhouse on descent mode
- Fixed the mouse-wheel not working if your cursor is in the hotbar while at the bank/vendor
- While paused, the flashing from hungry/tired speeds up a lot if you had vertical sync turned off but it is fixed
- If pressing on the controller left-stick while you bring up a UI, you would keep moving but it is fixed as well
- Fixed a bug which could brick your character if you used a scroll of death to kill Commander Vile
- With controller enable, if you were selecting a non-upgradable ancient item, it would trap the LB/RB buttons and not turn pages at a vendor/bank/etc
- Cat ears hat on an ogre had broken graphics, but it has been fixed
- If you died while skill-targeting with a controller, the cursor would stay as a targeting cursor until you used the skill again, but it is fixed
- Fixed a bug where you were in any pause menu (like ESC menu) you could hit some keys to bring up other UI like Map, inventory and break the UI
- There was a display issue with crafting materials when you looked at your crafting panel right after loading, but it is fixed
- You can no longer place a building in the shared town if you already have the max number of those buildings. This was possible through shared towns and bringing blueprints
- If you interacted with a crafting station (campfire, anvil, forge, etc) on the PC and already had the crafting panel up, it would close the crafting panel instead of opening it, but it is fixed.
- Hitting ESC with the crafting panel and inventory open, it closed only the inventory, but not it closes both
v1.01.19 (August 3, 2020)
- I believe I have finally fixed the dreaded "click the character and crash as I enter the game" bug! /dance /fingers-crossed
v1.01.18 (August 3, 2020)
- I have changed the version number sequence and will be going with just numbers instead of a letter at the end
- Added the ability to turn off cloud saves. The option is in the gameplay options screen. Default is ON.
- Added a hotkey (default k) to open the quest log panel. You can set it in the options.
- Made it so that low-quality lighting will turn off torch and object light flicker
- I have added a loading screen between character select/create and getting into the game
- There is a new config command for outputting more information to the debug_log.txt file while loading the game to try and find the character load bug
- Fixed a bug that was a result of the unusual stuff yesterday, which could result in an item being drawn in your inventory multiple times.
- Fixed the controller layout graphic so that up and down are properly labeled now
- You can now move your character with the keyboard while your inventory/etc is up again
- Fixed a graphic problem that could result in you not having arms while skill-targeting with the controller
v1.01q (August 2, 2020)
- Fixed a bug where ESC wasn't closing the ESC/pause menu
- Fixed another bug with shared town vault. You may get crystals returned to you again if you were in this rare state. Item dupes should be gone too.
v1.01p (August 2, 2020)
- Further fixed a bug with crystals
- There is a chance when you log in your character, that bugged equipment will be fixed and, in that process, crystals can spawn at your feet.
- Crystals dropped in this way are marked as never_decay so you have time to pick them up.
- It fixes crystals in your equipment, inventory and bank so it could be quite a few
- This will only happen if you logged in during the bugged patches today (v1.01n and v1.01o)
v1.01o (August 2, 2020)
- Fixed a bug with crystals not showing in items or calculating correctly
v1.01n (August 2, 2020)
- The Harvest and Halloween events have ended.
- Steam Cloud has been enabled again. Thanks for your patience.
- Controller support has come to ILB! You can turn it off and on in the options menu. Button remapping coming soon.
- Achievements have begun! There are currently 20 achievements with more to come. To access the achievement panel, use 'c'
- Steam Achievements are linked to our in-game achievement system.
- I have changed the perspective a bit, making it more pronounced.
- Ogres now have a couple of accessories
- Fixed a bug with not being able to harvest crops from tilled ground in Descent
v1.01m (November 27, 2019)
The Harvest Event has arrived!
Note: The Halloween event is still going on for a few more weeks. Pumpkins will continue to drop while this new event is happening.
v1.01l (November 1, 2019)
- I have changed Paladin purified blocks in shared town. If you load the game and there are purified blocks, they will change to dirt. This is only on load. In normal gameplay, it remains the same.
- I have made Weapon Stance somewhat work with ranged weapons. Spray and Beam Wands will not get an extra attack. The extra attack will have a slight random angle change in the 2nd attack.
- Spray wands have been adjusted again and each individual bullet does 80% the damage it did before.
- I have updated the requirements of the game on Steam to include 2019 redistributables.
- Fixed a typo in Enchanter Weapon Runeword recipe
- The Paladin Runeword weapon was not displaying the right sprites, but it is fixed
- Fixed a problem with dropping items, leaving the game, coming back and talking to Abel and not getting your items back.
- There was a problem where the Halloween Hag would not spawn and you would not be able to get back to the Halloween World, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a typo in the Paladin Runeword description
v1.01k (October 30, 2019)
- If you reset your world with a time/space book, the Halloween world would not be created again, but it is fixed.
- I forgot to change the ingredients on several Class Weapon Runewords recipes to match the actual recipe, but it is fixed.
v1.01j (October 30, 2019)
- Halloween has arrived in ILB! Halloween Event: - The Halloween event will run for several weeks. Collect pumpkins from monsters that are in your level range and trade the pumpkins in for all sorts of items (pets, hats and many other things) at the Hag of Halloween.
- To travel to the Hag of Halloween, complete the quest from the Jack-O-Lantern next to the Wizard of Space and Time.
- The Halloween event will run for several weeks to allow everyone to get the items.
- Class Weapon Runewords are in! Visit the Badlands vendor (wait for in-game midnight refresh) to purchase them.
- There is a new item slot called Outfits. Outfits override your character look for chest, arms, legs, boots. Hats will override Outfit helms. Outfit helms will override equipped helms. Outfits provide only visual changes.
- All cosmetic item locations (hats, pets, etc) are now at the top of the character panel.
- I have a long list of bugs to address and will be focused on them over the next few days
v1.01i (October 17, 2019)
- I accidentally broke Wisp Form with Corroding Prism, but it is fixed.
v1.01h (October 17, 2019)
- I added 4 new types/groups of enchantments: Vitality, Speed, Critical Hit and Special
- The Dramatic Drum now gives Intelligence instead of Dexterity when the character class uses Intelligence
- All set runeword armor (Aspire, Cosmic, Speed, etc) displayed their ilevel incorrectly, but it is fixed. It also fixes enchanting the item.
- Almost all the new Badlands Set rings had incorrect descriptions, but they are fixed.
- Some NPCs (Morris, Grumps, etc) were selectable and had popup information during invasions but were supposed to be gone. It is fixed.
- When you opened the fridge with the shared vault open, it stacked the windows on top of each other, but it is fixed.
- If you dug up a Platform of Infinity and you were standing on it, you could float in mid-air and not drop, but no longer.
- Using the Firestorm Opus would not break Hide or Wisp form, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a bug where all AoE damage songs wouldn't break Wisp form and Hide.
- Quakeboots now break Wisp form and Hide
- Both The Firestone and Pestilence Crystals now break Wisp form and Hide when they set an enemy on fire or poison them.
- The UI for spending attribute points wasn't printing Vitality and Vigor correctly, but it is fixed.
v1.01g (October 16, 2019)
- Unique monsters names are larger to make them stick out more. Also, the unique is re-colored, but the minions no longer are.
- I improved the messaging about overwriting a shared-town to include information about losing your shared-bank items.
- You can no longer place trees on platforms
- I changed the text on Armor Enchantments to make it clear that you increase the Armor of that item
- I have changed the order of operations on % armor to damage (Divine Shine and others) so it is post-multiply from attack/int/dex instead of pre-multiply like before. It was waaaay to much. It is still really good.
- I fixed a bug which caused unique monster minions to stretch and look strange.
- When you overwrote your town with a new town and had items in the shared bank, they would get scrambled. They were not supposed to exist anymore. They now delete properly when you delete your town.
- The item level on crafted armor was incorrect (and often 3). This has been fixed. They now have the proper ilevel. This fixes enchanting on the high-end armors as well.
- If you had over 2 hearts active, Asteroth wouldn't go invulnerable correctly, but it is fixed.
- The level-up panel had incorrect percentages for attack power and the dex/int percentages were missing, but they are both fixed.
- You could hit minions (necro skulls or familiar) with your melee attacks, but it has been fixed.
- Both ways (unique item and scroll) of getting monsters to drop compost would work on monsters that shouldn't drop anything, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a loophole in the ability to keep a Growth buff when you should have lost it.
- Trees could spin around and around when chopped, but it has been fixed.
- Making any of the new Badlands rings did not complete the "make a ring" quest, but they do now.
- Warrior passive incorrectly stated, "wield any melee weapon" and now says the correct text.
- Fixed a typo in Breaches of Reflex (and a few other cases of the word maximum)
- Using a Cure (Wisp form, Cleric heals, scrolls, etc) were not working for new badlands mushrooms, but it is fixed.
v1.01f (October 12, 2019)
- I accidentally changed a line yesterday that made it so when you recreate your world, all the entities the badlands never go away. Please reset your worlds if you have extra floating entities (mushrooms, cactus, monsters, npcs, etc). It should be fixed.
- The quest for killing the Badlands Boss (Astaroth) was never implemented. You can now complete the quest.
- You could get stuck on the travel to badlands quest if you have a shared town, but I did two things:
- 1) I made it so that if you use the portal to travel to the badlands, it marks both objectives as complete on the quest allowing you to complete the quest in a shared town.
- 2) Now when you get the quest, it will check to see if the portal is already in your shared town and mark it accordingly.
- There was a typo with the dex + 10 enchantment string. It gave +10 dex, but the description string said +2. The string is fixed.
There will be more patches today. I wanted to get these fixes (mainly the Badlands bug) out right away
v1.01e (October 11, 2019)
- Many people are having a crash/lock-up when they enter the game. I fixed a few bugs, but there is also a problem with Spotify and NVidia drivers. If you are experiencing this problem, please make sure you have latest drivers.
- I've toned down the Revenants even more. They now do less damage, hit less often and pause a bit longer to attack.
- I have all new dig dirt sounds
- Fixed two crash bugs that would crash/lock-up the game upon entering the world.
- Fixed a lock-up problem with creating new worlds in nightmare difficulty and above.
- Fixed a problem with loading really old early-access characters
v1.01d (October 10, 2019)
- Finally remembered to change the price of Cool Duck pet from 50 gold to 2k like the other pets.
- Fixed an exploit which allowed you to transfer Character Bound items to the shared vault without unbinding them first. This time I mean it.
- Frozen shield is now working with other classes.
v1.01c (October 10, 2019)
- Fixed an exploit which allowed you to transfer Character Bound items to the shared vault without unbinding them first.
v1.01b (October 10, 2019)
- I put in better information when building a second Town Hall and overwriting the town save file.
- I have reduced the amount of damage that Revenants do
- I turned down the volume a bit on some of the dig sounds and replaced one of them
- I turned down the volume on picking crops sound
- If you built two Town Halls, you couldn't get the town transfer document from the Wizard, but it is fixed.
- I changed the text of the Mythical Key of Ancient Unbinding to include all character bound items, not just ancients.
- Enchant damage percent was broken and unfixable. It has been removed for now. There was attack power anyhow.
- The minimap was off-position when you were in the secret portal areas or boss areas, but it is fixed.
- The quartz/runeword vendor in the badlands was using the wrong currency, but it is fixed.
- Wizard Frozen Shield was not releasing freeze bolts when you were hit, but it is fixed.
- I fixed a problem when using both the wizard familiar and necro skulls
- I changed the layouts of some of the boss rooms to prevent strange gaps between the room and the world. You will not see any difference until you reset your world with a time/space scroll. This doesn't have any impact on gameplay.
v1.01a (October 10, 2019)
Welcome to the Badlands!
- There is a new region of the world called Badlands. Once you kill the Prince of Annihilation, you will get a quest to start your journey to the Badlands. Travel to the Badlands and help save our Ogre friends from the demon onslaught!
- You now have a choice of race when creating a character. You can choose Ogre or Human. Each race has some advantages.
- A new building, Town Hall, has been added. This is unlocked after you kill The Tentacle of It. Once built, you can talk to the mayor and mark this town as the account-wide town. All other newly created characters and existing characters can start or transfer to the town.
- There is a new upgrade for the bank sold at the General store. If you have an account-shared-town, you can buy the upgrade and create a shared vault. These inventory locations are account wide. You can transfer items between characters using this shared vault.
- Some items have become bound to your character, meaning they can't be placed in the shared vault.
- Most items have a level requirement now
- At character experience levels 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100, you get a key to unlock one bound item on your character. This allows you to unlock your character's Ancient items (skills) and place them in the shared vault. This allows you to multi-class.
- You can now Enchant your items. Many items (armor, weapons) can be enchanted up to 4 times. Mine Gems out of the Highlands area (original zones) to create randomly affixed enchanting books and apply them to items.
- There are many new unique items, scrolls, mushrooms and rings
- In the Badlands, you can dig up Quartz. Use this quartz to purchase new Runeword recipes from the Badlands vendor near the portal. Higher difficulties scale the amount of quartz you get when you dig it up.
- Dexterity is a new stat for melee players, replacing Grit.
- Intelligence and Dexterity now add to damage and Attack Power has been reduced. The total is greater than before.
- Speed is now uncapped and has diminishing returns. You can go about 3.5x faster than before.
- The altar now has 8 slots instead of 4 to allow for more complicated recipes.
- I rebalanced all the sound in the game. Try resetting all your sound bars to get a better experience.
- Beehives, Chickens and Cows no longer drop their items on the ground. Instead, they have an indicator above their head if they have an item to give to you. They can hold up to 3.
- There are many new monster types in the Badlands and a few changes to the Highland monsters and AI.
- The game now has an OpenGL version, that I plan on releasing soon.
- I have temporarily turned off Steam Cloud Sync to get more testing. It will be back in a few days.
- I tend to patch a lot following a major update. Nearly every day. I will be adding Class Weapon Runewords, a few other unique items and a Halloween event over the next few days.
- Many other changes and bug fixes
v1.00j (June 8, 2019)
- I changed the text in the mushroom station from "2x unknown" to "2x unknown mushrooms" when you have unidentified mushrooms as ingredients.
- All crops and seeds now stack to 20 and 40 with double-stack survival talent. These should be fixed when you load your character.
- If you picked up buildings 15+ times you ran into a problem where you couldn't pick them up anymore, but it is fixed.
- Fixed a typo in the Honey Tea description
- Fixed a typo on Page 5 of the story
- If you were playing a cleric, you could get recharge rate affix on your melee weapons, but it is fixed.
v1.00i (June 7, 2019)
- I have added a toggle button for Directional Digging. You can change the key in the Options menu. It is set to 'x'. You get a message about the toggle.
- Changed the option for Map Transparency description to "Overlay Map Transparency"
- I've changed the amount of gold dropped by Golden Trees and base it on your survival rank when you cut it down.
- I have reduced the amount of damage an individual bolt from a spray wand does by about 20%. They are still over-powered for a lot of reasons.
- When I "fixed" the problem of the automap being 100% transparent, I broke map transparency completely, but it is fixed.
- When you picked up both planter boxes and placed them back in the world, there was a bug which added extra mounds to your world, but it is fixed.
- When you picked up both planter boxes, it wouldn't store the crops correctly with the item, but it is fixed.
- If your CURRENT pre-patch save file has both planter boxes picked up and in your inventory, they will not be fixed until you place them in the world again.
- Fixed a few more Growth Wand loopholes. Hopefully I've closed them all.
- If you identified a mushroom, it didn't update the components correctly in the crafting panel, but it is fixed.
- When Golden Trees were cut down, they wouldn't replace the mound that they grew in but it is fixed.
- Changed the word "dispense" (and typo versions) to "kill"
v1.00h (June 6, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 2 today ]
NOTE: Please check your map transparency levels. Most people defaulted to 100% transparent. Check it in the Gameplay options.
NOTE: Most people have directional digging ON by default. Check it in the Gameplay options.
- I changed directional digging so that it will not auto-climb blocks while holding a direction and digging.
- Directional digging defaulted on, but it is defaulted back to off. You may need to change it.
- I left in some new flying code for surface monsters by accident, but it has been reverted.
- If you built up Growth wands stacks and swapped a wand from inventory to that hotbar slot, the growth stacks would not go away. It is fixed.
- If you built up Growth wands stacks and swapped a wand using the mouse-wheel, the growth stacks would not go away. It is fixed.
v1.00g (June 6, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 2 today ]
- I have added direction digging to the game. Enable it in the Gameplay Options. It is off by default. This digs in a direction and auto-selects blocks to dig.
- I have added map transparency to the Gameplay options menu. This will set how transparent the map is when over the world. (100% completely transparent, 0% opaque)
- If you are close enough to the Homestone to get the slow-digestion aura, you can no longer port TO the Homestone. This will prevent a few “recall to below but just a bit out of range of Homestone” mistakes.
- The automap now reveals every story-page room on the map on world create or load. They will always be there. This will give a few goals for people to find on the map.
- When you turn something to compost, or sell something to a vendor, there is a new message that floats off the cursor displaying how much
- I have added both aqua and sunrise ore bulbs to magic farming. If you have magic ore farming unlocked, the recipes will automatically be there.
- If you craft armor with crimson, ash or nether ore, it has a chance at being purple now and 1-2 extra affixes.
- Monsters can now open doors
- When you clear a room, there is now a chance to spawn an improved/rare chest instead of just a normal one
- The orange chests that drop compost now have a much better chance at dropping runes
- I have increased the chance of runes dropping from bosses/named-monsters
- Wraiths can now appear in invasions after level 75
- When placing some buildings (like planter-boxes) right next to some objects (like torches) or other buildings it looked like it was okay, but would not place. This is fixed.
- Fixed a typo with the word "Magnet"
- The amount of compost out of the orange chests didn't scale correctly, but it has been fixed. - If you remapped your interact/'e' key, it didn't display it correctly in the pop-up for your class ancient rank-up message
- When dirt was converted to grass or from grass back to dirt, it wasn't updating on the map correctly, but it is fixed.
- Rarely, when you killed a boss, the exit door would not spawn, but I believe it is fixed.
v1.00f (June 5, 2019)
- I increased the odds of spawning Adamantine and Ochre Ore in the lowest layer in Normal difficulty.
- Added an ambient duck pet
- Necromancer has less projectiles from the Soul Jar at lower ranks
- I've added a scroll-bar to the stats window in the inventory
- Ring recipes have a description in the crafting pop-up
- I now allow you to place objects like Workbench, Homestone, and others on ladder-platforms, not just on blocks.
- Paladin Purify debuff on monsters now lasts for 30 seconds instead of forever. It can be re-applied.
- Sometimes a perrenial crop (like a Berry Bush) wouldn't leave a dirt mound behind in a planter box, but it is fixed.
- If you were falling, used recall and teleported to the Homestone, you still took damage, but it is fixed.
- If you had more than 20 items on the ground from death, it miscalculated the cost to get your items back, but it is fixed.
- The Thunderstorm Text description was incorrect. It no longer shoots bolts at the cursor, just randomly around you.
- Going back into the Community menu option a second time wasn't working but it is fixed.
- The Necromancer ancient item Black Heart was not properly doing the health regen on kill, but it is fixed.
- The Paladin Bracers would stop working because there were hundreds and hundreds of enemies with Purify. If you are in this state, they will work again after 30 seconds in-game.
v1.00e (June 2, 2019)
- I have added several new pieces of music. It isn't complete yet, but it is a start.
- There is now a better ending to the game! Enjoy the celebration.
- - If you have previously killed It on Normal difficulty, you will get a reward pop up box.
- - If you have killed It on higher difficulties (Nightmare+), you will need to kill It again to get higher rewards.
- - There is a new quest for each difficulty.
- I have changed the Rune "Bet" to "Zed"
v1.00d (June 1, 2019)
- I added a description to the Homestone Aura buff on mouse-over
- I've changed the draw order on the mini-map so that when it is in the lower-left corner most UI goes over top of it.
- I've increased the rate that Rainbow wands drop
- The coffee limit is 5... not 3 *faceplam* -- fixed the text
- The enchanter Mind of Clarity Ancient item was broken at the highest rank, but it is now fixed.
- When the mini-map is in the lower left corner, several UI windows (survival panel, level-up, etc) would close it when it wasn't necessary, but it has been fixed.
- I fixed a crash bug with sleeping, having an empty slot selected on the hotbar and picking up a 1 handed item.
v1.00c (May 31, 2019)
- I have added better descriptions to the coffee item and coffee debuff (Coffee Cups).
- The prices for crops vs. seeds was wrong. They have been adjusted.
- Fixed a problem with planter boxes being picked up and crashing when replaced.
- Fixed a bug which would cause a crash on character load as it tried to update map icons before the map was allocated.
v1.00b (May 30, 2019)
- Fixed a bug with the barn upgrade. If you upgraded the barn, left the game, came back in, picked up the building and replaced it, the NPC Mistress Bubba would have been missing, but it is fixed.
- When you reloaded the game, icons would turn black on the mini-map. This is fixed. However, if you had black icons on your map currently, they may be there until the world is reset by using a time/space scroll.
- If you were sleeping and you swapped items that changed your hand animations into your active slot on the hotbar, your disembodied arm would float near the bed. It has been fixed.
- If you scrolled down in character select, loaded a character into the game and went back to the main menu, then clicked a character to load (or delete) from the top, it would load (or delete) the wrong character, but it is fixed.
v1.00a (May 29, 2019)
This is it! v1.00a is now live!
Thank you for all of your support through Early Access. The game has grown so much and I will be forever grateful for the unwavering support that the community has given us.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I have enjoyed making it!
v0.9b (May 29, 2019)
- Invasions now have a new monster type at level 25; a flying eye that drops gelatinous cubes
- At level 50 or above, invasions can have an alternate boss; a ranged-attacking zombie
- I was messing with UI scaling and broke some font scaling in the main menus but it is fixed
- If you quit the game after activating the early "Getting Stronger" quest, the level-up button would never come back and you couldn't complete the quest, but it is fixed.
- I was not freeing memory correctly with the new blinking sequence but it has been fixed.
v0.9a (May 28, 2019)
- I have turned off the option to change to controller input for now. It is replaced with "Coming Soon" and does not toggle.
- The main menu has been rearranged a bit. There are now the options "Community" and "Patch Notes"
- It now says Version 0.9a
- There is a new community link off the main menu. Clicking on the buttons takes you to Discord, Twitter, Reddit or Gamepedia Wiki
- I increased the amount of feed Beef Stew and Corned Beef give. Current versions of these dishes in your inventory will not be updated.
- Fixed a typo in the Savage Runeword description. It said "change" instead of "chance"
- If you were sleeping and picked up a placeable item, it would not wake you up, but it does now.
v0.05.28a (May 28, 2019)
- The story is now in the game
- There are 13 pages to find. To find the pages, the world needs to be remade with a Time/Space scroll or a new character.
- Existing characters will have the first 2 pages of their note collection marked complete because the pages are found in the dirt level.
- Existing characters will not see the intro
- There is a new panel; story log
- The story log is accessed through the 'l' key but can also be bound to something else in options.
- Mistress Ogre has been renamed to Mistress Bubba
- Commander Vile has been added to the automap
- I added some warning information on a few survival nodes if they are early in the tree and have compost/crystal-shards/nightmare-ore requirements.
- I have changed the get-hit flash for monsters. They will no longer flash when they are invulnerable.
- The tentacles (and eyes) now get-hit flash when they are damaged. This should give people a better idea what to do.
- Trees will no longer grow up through blocks
- The text in The Do-Over document still mentioned Ancient Orbs, but it was removed.
- Commander Vile could spawn off of the corruption in rare cases, but the distance away has been greatly reduced.
- There was a bug where It would get stuck in invulnerable mode against Enchanters (and others). It has been fixed.
- Fixed the drawing of the tentacle connecting the death-beam pod to It.
- I fixed perhaps one of the oldest bugs: trees will no longer pop onto the screen from below.
v0.05.24c (May 24, 2019)
[ Patch 3 of 3 ]
- There was a problem with making Cosmic runewords, but it is fixed.
- You couldn't make cosmic or aspire rings, but that is fixed as well.
v0.05.24b (May 24, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 3 today ]
- The new runeword which adds a socket to a weapon wasn't working with already upgraded runeword weapons but it is fixed.
- I accidentally broke stack count display as I was getting it ready for UI scaling, but it is fixed.
v0.05.24a (May 24, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 3 today ]
- I have rewritten the engine for creating runewords to allow for a lot more flexibility and expansion
- There is a new runeword at the compost vendor that allows you to place a randomly shaped crystal-slot on any weapon.
- Runewords now have a better description
- Class runewords will be after launch. The recipes are still there (and work) but you can't obtain new ones.
- There are now a few generic all-weapon runewords. They are largely based off the old class runewords.
- The generic weapon runewords don't have special graphics or icons right now. I hope to get them in for launch.
- The new runewords (weapons and crystal-slot) will appear at the compost vendor after an in-game midnight refresh.
- I have adjusted the new ancient item buff icons to be better, but not final.
- I have added a 'map_transparency' to the config. This is a value between 1 and 255 and set the transparency level when the map is overlaying the world.
- Corned beef has an icon instead of 'WIP'
- I was in the middle of the runeword engine rewrite when I patched on Monday and broke weapon runewords, but they are fixed.
- I fixed a bunch of the formatting on the new ancient item text. Most descriptions were too long for one line.
- Fixed a bug which would prevent invasions if you built a line of blocks up near the clouds
- Crafting components were not updating properly when buying stacked items from a vendor, but it is fixed.
- When you removed a building, the automap was not updating properly, but it is fixed.
v0.05.20a (May 20, 2019)
- I have enhanced the automap
- - It now has better looking icons representing the player, invaders, portals and boss-doors
- - It now maps all 3 layers instead of just the top layer which gives it a better look
- - The map in the lower-left now auto-scales to be a size that takes up the lower-left (to the hotbar)
- I have changed how unique armor gets its crystal slot shape.
- - It is now based on iLevel of the monster, not the depth of the world.
- - This fixes the invader boss dropping the wrong shape and maybe some other wrong-shape bugs.
- I have removed the backgrounds for bosses in Hell and Inferno. This will on take effect once you regenerate your current map/world.
- Armor will no longer change colors/rarity when slotted with a crystal.
- - It will remain the original rarity even when the crystal is removed.
- - Currently 'bugged' items remain the wrong rarity color forever.
- There was a bug in the map where a buffer could be overwritten in some unusual cases and hard-crash. This has been fixed.
- The Holiday item: Gone Batty was accidentally dropping but it has been fixed.
v0.05.19a (May 19, 2019)
Dropped Ancient Items:
- I have rewritten the way that dropped ancient items spawn to allow for a lot more.
- There are 8 new dropped ancient items. Most are passive, some are active skills.
- The new dropped ancient items can only appear in Nightmare difficulty and above
- Added a tooltip to Bleu Cheese explaining you get 15% experience gain for 15 minutes when you eat it
- I removed the Ring of Blasting which didn't work anyhow
- When you picked up buildings, I changed the code to only remove the far-back layer when there was a block in the building there. You notice it with the Planter Box most.
- I have changed the Final Boss a bit:
- - In normal, it only has 4 eye stalks, but goes back to 8 for nightmare and above.
- - I have moved the eye stalks a bit closer to the boss
- - I have changed the graphic a bit so that it is easier to see when you can hit it. The center eye is barely visible when invulnerable.
- - This may be too easy now. We will see...
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't pick up Abel and the Twisted Tree.
- There was a chance that the Final Boss could get stuck at the top of the room, but it has been fixed.
- There is a bug where the final boss can get stuck in invulnerable mode. I have made some changes to how it detects if it should be. I don't know if I fixed it, but I think so.
v0.05.17a (May 17, 2019)
- The Coffee icon has been updated to look different from the unique potion
- Skeleton Wizard now limits the number of spawns to 8, down from 15
- Skeleton Wizard now summons every 1.5s instead of 0.5s
- Changed stack size to 10 (from 5) for: Eggs, corn on the cob, roasted sunflower seeds, roasted garlic, jam, milk, cheese and bleu cheese, saplings
- Renamed Sludge Dirt to Ichor Dirt
- The general vendor will only carry the current bank-tab upgrade instead of all of them at once
- Cleric, Rogue, Necromancer and Enchanter have their update to the new 5/9 ancient items
- - If you are any of those classes, your ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded
- Enchanter has had a huge boost in power
- The Necromancer will now display how many active skull pets it has on the ancient bar icon
- The Bard drum and piccolo have been improved
- The Warrior Charm, Weapon stance, and Defensive stance have been improved
- Paladin Tome has been improved
- Wizard Frozen Shield and Firestorm Opus have been improved
- Runes have changed considerably. You no longer craft runes. You can only find them.
- There are 4 common runes instead of 8. All 4 of the removed runes have become 4 of the remaining if you had them in your inventory/bank.
- Many ring recipes (and a few Runewords) have changed to reflect this.
- All runes now follow the 3-of-a-kind upgrade to the next "rank/rarity" and the recipes are all changed in the crafting panel.
- I've changed the Rune creation quest to make a ring (using Runes) instead.
- Runewords have changed. There is now an upgrade at the barn. When you buy it, a Runeword vendor appears.
- The Runeword vendor uses compost as a currency.
- The barn and upgrade are available in Descent
- Runeword chests no longer drop recipes but can drop uncommon and above runes as well as compost.
- New runewords will be coming soon.
- The weapon runewords don't appear at the vendor currently. They will be changing.
- Fixed a bug which would make your character invisible if you ranked-up your Wisp form while in Wisp form
v0.05.15a (May 15, 2019)
- - When you drink coffee, you will get a permanent debuff. After it gets to 5, you can no longer drink coffee.
- - Every in-game hour you sleep, you will lose a stack of coffee debuff.
- - Base coffee drops will not give you as much energy as before
- - Espresso gives more energy and latte gives just as much as Espresso but also a Well Fed (slow digestion) buff
- I have redone/improved a bunch of the potion icon art
- The Bard and Paladin have had their ancient items reset and gold refunded. They have new ranks for their class ancient items.
- There was a bug in the calculation for the Paladin Tome of Atonement and it did more damage than it should have, but it has been fixed.
- There was a bug in the calculation for the Bard Ukulele and it did damage nothing like the description, but it does now.
v0.05.14a (May 14, 2019)
- Your survival points have been reset.
- There is now a cap of 84 total points you can get from survival to spend in the tree. The survival rank cap is still 100, but you can't get more points than nodes.
- The barn is in the game! You can now move the Mooffulo to a nice safe location by building the barn.
- I added the survival column of barn, double milk, cheese and artisan cheese nodes to the tree.
- I moved the location of the DPS meter information to just above the hotbar.
- Drackel the Flesh Ooze now uses the new improved invulnerable particle effect
- I have added a hit point bar at the top center of the screen while fighting a boss
- There was a bug when removing dead familiars for Wizards associated with the old skill-trees that I fixed. They should die properly now.
- If you turned on the dps meter and went back to the main menu it would display a garbage string, but it is fixed.
- On systems with vertical resolution less than 800 the bottom survival panel was hidden, but it has been bumped up.
v0.05.13a (May 13, 2019)
- - All your gold has been refunded.
- - The ancients have been put back to the way they used to be, pre-trees, pre-8-levels (for wizard).
- - The wizard and warrior have had some of their ancients boosted to 8 ranks instead of 4
- - Other classes will be getting this rank boost soon
- I have added a DPS meter. Press F2 to toggle the display. It displays your current dps, average last 10s dps and all-time high.
- The final boss (It) had a few minor adjustments:
- - The eyes do a bit less damage, have fewer hit points and respawn a bit slower
- - The boss won't fly as high in the room to allow melee a better chance
- Fixed a calculation problem with elemental percentage increases while holding a melee weapon. They should apply fully now.
- There was a rounding error when switching items that could cause you to have slightly fewer hit points each time you changed, but it is fixed.
v0.05.10a (May 10, 2019)
- I have increased the amount of armor that monsters have at any given time. This will bring spray wands more in line with others.
- I have increased the amount of hit points for monsters as well. The game needs to be a bit harder.
- I greatly decreased the amount of damage a monster does with critical hits. This should make the damage less spikey.
- The Ring of Critical Protection has changed. You will only gain immunity for 1 second and it can only activate once every 3 seconds.
- I have decreased the amount of damage a bolt from a spray-wand does by 15%
- There is new art for the phoenix and the surface-eye monster
- The final boss: It, the Prince of Annihilation is now in the game
- There is a new quest for the final boss. You should automatically get it if you have completed boss4.
- I renamed the Bloody Dirt to Sludge Dirt because it is purple now instead of red
- If you were killed the same frame you gained immunity (from ring or ability) you still died, but it has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when seasons changed, if a plant could not be there in the new season and was in a planter-box, the plant would turn into seeds, but the planter-box mound would vanish.
- I fixed a long-time bug where monster names disappeared on the 0/512 wrap aroun
- There was a chance to fill the map buff with changes if you had a high-res ultrawide monitor, but it has been fixed.
v0.04.30a (April 30, 2019)
- Swords can now have the Brutal exceptional affix
- Exceptional wand and swords had the same description strings and it didn't always make sense, but they have their own descriptions now.
- I have added a new hat (Cat Ears) and a new back (Cat Tail). Both are randomly available at the hat vendor.
- Commander Vile's name text was too big and it obscured their health bar, but it has been fixed.
- There was a problem with the new planter-box quest text and it went outside of the dialog box, but it has been fixed.
- I was not reducing the total rank for a stack of crops when you turned some of them into seeds. It would result in very high rank food, but it has been fixed.
- I fixed a bug when you had the extra plant survival talent. You could end up planting in a soon-to-be-deleted dirt mound and cause 2 plants at the same location.
- Fixed typos with warrior dash, the word "automatically" removed a few dashes between words
- If you were able to scale the warrior to more than 45k hit points, you could get math errors and end up with negative hit points. This has been fixed.
- You were able to get seeds from wheat, but the tooltip didn't say so. This was fixed.
- When you picked up buildings, it was incorrectly counting the number of buildings you have and displaying (2/1 building X) but it has been fixed.
v0.04.29a (April 29, 2019)
- There are 4 new ores and 2 new armor types to create: Ash and Nether. These are late hell difficulty and inferno. All base crafted armor types are now in the game.
- To find the new ores, the world will need to be remade with a World Book from The Legendary Wizard Soule.
- With the new armor types, the shape of crystals has changed in hell and inferno to match the armor.
- I have changed the routine to determine which crystal shape to generate when dropping a crystal based on ilevel to improve results.
- Corruption will no longer corrupt buildings, only the ground below them.
- There were several display bugs with corruption and dirt mixing but they have been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where you could strike monsters through closed doors with a pickaxe.
v0.04.24a (April 24, 2019)
- All your survival talents have been reset and your points refunded.
- I have remove Fertilizer from survival tree and from game. It didn't make sense anymore since plants grow once a day, not by minute.
- I have increased the experience needed to level from 90-95 and again from 95-100. It should be slower.
- I've changed the wizard vendor so that the space/time books won't show up until you are a certain level. Once you are the proper level, the book will show up at next vendor midnight refresh.
- - Nightmare you must be 25
- - Hell you must be 55
- - Inferno you must be 80
- If you are a wizard, all your ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded.
- The Wizard ancients Firestorm Opus has a changed tree with two new nodes; Thunderstorm Text has one node changed and Familiar Folio also has one node changed.
- The Phoenix pet from Familiar Folio now has a light source
Final two armor sets are coming very soon. Get your new crystal shapes ready! (Diamond then Octagon)
- Fixed a bug that unlocked the Pulaksi in Descent mode with Rubium ore and should have been Crimson ore
- Fixed several Riposte typos
- For some unimaginable reason, you could trash or sell your class ancient items. This no longer the case.
- When you leveled to 100 in Survival, you didn't get a rank-up message on-screen, but you do now.
- The Soul Collector could leave the soul stacks in your buff list if you took it off the ancient bar and put it elsewhere, but it is fixed.
- Any Rank of dodge and block talent on Defensive stance was always giving 2%, but it works properly now.
v0.04.19a (April 19, 2019)
Warrior Ancient Skill-Trees:
- If you are a warrior, all of your ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded.
- The Warrior class ancient items now have skill trees associated with them. Access the skill tree by using 'e' (interact).
- Every ancient item has 10 nodes to select from. Each node can have anywhere from 1 to 8 ranks. This will create a lot of build-types.
- Right now, all ancient nodes cost 1 gold. THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE FOREVER. This is to encourage experimentation with the trees. Respecs should be cheap.
- Each node/rank will also 1 ancient orb. You get one ancient orb per level so 100 total nodes/ranks can be taken.
- The base node (topmost) has a level requirement. I don't know if this will always be the case, but I had to put this because the later ranks are very powerful. They were going to be expensive, but are 1 gold right now.
The next class to get the ancient skill-tree update will be Necromancer.
I will be spending a few days on bug fixes and some Wizard updates.
- Tree/Sapling overhaul
- - For a dumb reason, there were 2 different saplings in the game. There is now one and they all stack.
- - Saplings no longer require a dirt mound to plant them. Place saplings like you would a workbench on the ground. This should allow people to move the trees if they want.
- I have updated and enhanced the UI for both Survival-trees and Ancient Skill-trees.
- The mouse-wheel should change pages in the ancient skill trees window now. (Already worked in Survival Tree)
v0.04.01a (April 1, 2019)
- You can once again, press 'e' (interact) while selecting a crop to turn it directly into seeds instead of harvesting it, then changing it in your inventory.
- If you turned off your wizard shield while the bar was active, it remained in the world. This has been fixed.
- If you placed two planter-boxes right next to each other, you would lose some of the dirt mounds (and crops) when you picked-up, but I fixed it.
- When planting in the Greenhouse in winter, you would get an error message when there were more seeds than spots, but it has been fixed.
- Planted berry bushes were not marked correctly and gave false "You have new crops ready to harvest!" messages, but it has been fixed.
v0.03.29c (March 29, 2019)
[ Patch 3 of 3 today ]
- Fixed a bug that would not replace picked crops in the planter box with a new dirt-mound.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THIS PROBLEM, PICK UP THE PLANTER BOX AND RE-PLACE IT. THEY WILL SHOW UP AGAIN.
- I added the wrong dirt-type in the wrong layer for the planter-box building, but it is fixed as well and shouldn't have grass in the front.
- I changed and assert that could cause the game to not load for some characters associated with loading the world with a planter-box in it.
v0.03.29b (March 29, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 3 today ]
- Fixed a bug with the holy axe in Descent. It should now work.
v0.03.29a (March 29, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 3 today ]
Major Farming change:
- Farming has changed a lot in the game. This is something I've wanted to try for a while.
- You will no longer have your hoe or the recipe when you start.
- Instead, there will be limited locations to farm. Early in the game you will unlock the recipe to create a planter-box building.
- This will be a building that creates dirt-mounds where you can plant crops. The planter box has 10 dirt locations.
- There is a new survival tree node that allows you to create a second planter-box if you need feel the need.
- Monsters no longer drop seeds, well, very rarely. They still drop meat.
- Instead, you now gain seeds from crops. When you mouse-over the crop, press the 'e' button to turn it into seeds. There is about a 35% chance of getting a second seed.
- There is a survival talent to increase this percentage of a second seed to 50%
- There is also a survival talent to unlock the hoe recipe. The ingredients are in nightmare difficulty.
- The hoe operates as before, in that you can till anywhere and create large farms if you like.
- I changed the starting quests to reflect these changes
- I changed the graphic for the hoe. It looks much better now.
- The survival tree has changed and all of your points have been refunded.
- The Greenhouse is now in the game.
- - Plant any seeds at any time in this building. It has 16 slots to plant in.
- - Plants in the Greenhouse do not go away when seasons change.
- I have removed the concept of some plants taking 3 slots of dirt instead of 1. All plants now take just 1 slot and can be close to each other.
- There is brand new tech for the data for the game. It is no longer in text files and parsed at the beginning, but in binary data that is loaded.
- I have new tech that allows me to take away items and recipes from your character. (used for the Hoe and Pulaski)
- I have added a glass block recipe to the game. It should be available on load. No special requirements. The materials are in portal rooms (sand).
- I have added both the Holy Axe and Hoe for sale in Descent mode at the general store
- Fix bug where placing any building (planter-box, chicken-coop, etc) completed building quest and skipped you ahead. Now it must be the general store, as intended.
- If you quit/go back to main menu/load before you complete the survival quest, the survival button appears and you completed it, but it has been fixed.
- Same as above, but for level-up attributes. It has also been fixed.
v0.03.21a (March 21, 2019)
- Your ancient trees have been reset and points and gold refunded.
- Both the auto-cast of Firestorm Opus when you ingress/egress using Omnibus of Translocate has changed to 4 ranks and reduced to 5% power-per-rank
- When you hit 'e' to access the ancient-trees, it now allows you to change which ancient item tree on the current ancient-bar you are looking at with arrow-buttons at the bottom of the window.
- I have reduced the stacking attack power when using the Tabard of Air from [3 x (rank + stack size)] to [2 x (rank + stack size)]
- The tips on the Pause menu will now change every 10 seconds
- The 'Guide to Magic Farming' was not working in Descent mode, but it is now.
v0.03.20a (March 20, 2019)
- I have changed the mouse-over tooltip on class ancient items. It now displays strings of every active node you have taken.
- I reduced the rate that corruption spreads during invasions
- Fixed a problem with respec. It wasn't clearing the points spent in your ancient trees correctly, but it does now. You will need to buy a new document.
- When you clicked on a node to buy it in the ancient-tree, there was a strange flicker with the popup, but it has been fixed.
v0.03.18a (March 18, 2019)
Wizard Ancient Skill-Trees:
- If you are a wizard, all of your ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded.
- The Wizard class ancient items now have skill trees associated with them. Access the skill tree by using 'e' (interact).
- Every ancient item has 10 nodes to select from. Each node can have anywhere from 1 to 8 ranks. This will create a lot of build-types.
- Right now, all ancient nodes cost 1 gold. THIS WILL NOT BE THE CASE FOREVER. This is to encourage experimentation with the trees. Respecs should be cheap.
- Each node/rank will also 1 ancient orb. You get one ancient orb per level so 100 total nodes/ranks can be taken.
- The base node (topmost) has a level requirement. I don't know if this will always be the case, but I had to put this because the later ranks are very powerful. They were going to be expensive, but are 1 gold right now.
The next class to get the ancient skill-tree update will be Warrior. I will be spending a few days on other features and gather feedback on Wizard before starting.
- All of your survival talents have been reset and your points refunded.
- I have finished the Chicken Livestock nodes in the survival talent tree.
- I have added the technology to have multiple copies of a building. This is used with the chicken coop, but will apply to other things in the future.
- I have turned Cloud Saves back on. I hope the patch works...
v0.02.22a (February 22, 2019)
- I have lowered the minimum recharge time through modifications and affixes to be 0.25s
- I have rewritten the way picking up a building works. I'm hoping to remove the bugs associated with leaving doors/npcs/etc behind. You shouldn't notice any change to the mechanic.
- The Intelligence to Lightning resistance wasn't working for Rank 7 and 8 of the Wizard Thunderstorm Text, but it is fixed.
- There was a display (and preventing recharge) bug with wands that had a recharge time of less than 0.5s, but this too is fixed.
v0.02.22b (February 22, 2019)
- Somehow there was a bad patch created. I'm not sure why, but trying to get it running again.
v0.02.22c (February 22, 2019)
- I have turned off Cloud Saves for now to see if there is a problem with my Steam integration and the game not running.
v0.02.21a (February 21, 2019)
- The Wizard Ancient items have changed. They now go up to rank 8 and have many new abilities and features. This is the first of the new character class revamps with builds.
- If you are a Wizard, your attributes and ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded.
- There will be other dropped ancient items which will support these builds, but they aren't in yet.
- I've changed ancient item ranking message on pop-up to be more specific instead of just 'not enough gold'. It now says 'gold' or 'orbs' or 'both' depending on which.
- I have changed armor for Monsters. Monsters randomly had armor before, but now they all have armor.
- - Armor is scaled on level. There is almost no armor in Normal difficulty (13 armor at level 30) and ramps quite a bit at the end (330 at level 100).
- - Armor is a direct reduction to damage per bolt. Sadly, this could be a big nerf to spray wands, but we will see.
- - Note: Armor was in the game before and was a reduction to damage per bolt, but the armor values scaled differently, so you may not notice much change.
- To counteract monster armor, I have added an armor penetration stat. It is displayed in the character info and can be a random affix.
- I have changed the boring affix to be a random value of armor penetration instead of straight 50% armor reduction/penetration.
v0.02.18a (February 18, 2019)
- All characters have had their leveling points refunded.
- I have removed Wisdom from the game. Instead, all classes will use Vigor. All items that had wisdom have been changed so they have Vigor instead.
- Wand recharge has been re-scaled for 100 levels and the removal of Wisdom. The recharge time does increase, but not nearly like it used to. The old max was 10 seconds, now it is about 2 seconds.
- The minimum recharge time has been decreased from 1s to 0.5s
- There is a new affix that can appear on crystals, etc that decreases recharge length. There is a minimum of 0.5s recharge time.
- The Quick Draw Unique legs have been renamed to Hardy Constitution
- I have changed dropped Ancient items:
- - They now stack (up to 10)
- - Each stack increases the stats of the Ancient item. The stacks become the "rank" for the item.
- - There is a LOT of new code for making this work swapping/stacking/splitting/etc between bank/inventory/ancient-bar. Please test it.
- The ancient Reverse Fate has changed and is dropping once again. It now has a chance of removing all status effects every time you gain a status effect.
- I have limited the number of minions that a Necromagus can summon to 15.
- I have reduced the hit points on Necromagus minions
v0.02.12b (February 12, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 2 today ]
- Your survival talents have been refunded. This time, I mean it.
v0.02.12a (February 12, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 2 today ]
- I have integrated the steam library and Steam Cloud! You should now auto-update files across multiple computers if you are logged into the same Steam account.
- I have upgraded the save file system a bit to ensure that corrupted files are not saved after a loading attempt. The game will exit when it tries to load a corrupted save file instead.
- The save system also will create a backup of the save file first, then create a new file if a save file already exists.
- There are now 10 slots to save characters. The selection list can now scroll.
- Your survival talents have been refunded.
- The final two pickaxes have been completed in the survival tree. The Divine Pickaxe can now dig up corruption and you can gather corruption blocks.
- Because you can remove corruption, it now continues to grow during invasions (and other surface events).
- I have removed the chicken coop from the Pet Vendor (Kiki) and it is now working in the survival tree.
- The Ancient popup UI has been changed again. I hope it is clearer now. I have added draw-a-line tech to popup boxes.
- The Homestone now has an aura when you are close to it. You will digest food slower in Survival and slowly regain Health in Descent. The aura will not work below the surface zone.
- Cooking bread did not advance the "cook any recipe" quest. All other recipes did work, but I forgot to mark that one correctly, but it is fixed.
v0.02.03a (February 3, 2019)
- I have added another tab on the survival tree. They are all WIP right now, but coming soon.
- There was a bug with recently created characters that cause a crash/lock-up when using Abel, but it has been fixed.
v0.02.01a (February 1, 2019)
The Holiday event has ended. I hope everyone enjoyed it!
[ With my birthday coming up, there is a chance that I will run all the holiday events to celebrate and re-test ]
- All of your class ancient items have been reset and your gold refunded.
- You have been given one ancient orb per experience level.
- Ancient items now take both gold and ancient orbs to rank up. The amount of ancient orbs and gold it takes increases with each rank.
- The tooltip UI for ancient items has changed. It will show the current and next rank information only. To see other ranks, use the mouse-wheel while on the mouse-over-tooltip. (It says in the tooltip).
- Class ancient items will have many more ranks soon. You will not be able to get all of the ranks of each class ancient (not enough ancient orbs). This will create choices later in the game and different builds.
- As I enhance the classes, your ancient items will get reset and gold refunded once so you can give them a try.
- Added a new enemy (Necromagus) in the bottom zone. More coming soon.
- I have raised the gold cap from 10m to 50m
- Respec is now available.
- - It is a document sold by The Legendary Wizard Soule.
- - This will refund your ancient orbs, BUT NOT YOUR GOLD that is used in ranking the ancient items. This is the cost for respec.
- - You will also refund and reset all of your leveling points and they can be reallocated.
- Fixed the placing of buildings and not clearing the middle layer. This happened most often when placing buildings below the surface. The building would have dirt inside. This is fixed and it clears it all now.
v0.01.28a (January 28, 2019)
- All of your survival points have been refunded and the advanced cooking recipes and chef buffs are working. Most of the survival tree is working and a new page is coming.
- I have removed the Class Items slot. The ideas for this will be integrated with the new ancient item tiers.
- There is a new currency (Ancient Orbs) that will be used in ranking up class ancient items in the UI.
- Fixed a bug that rendered the new world-text over the top of UI, when it should be below it.
- I will be ending the winter event on Wednesday.
v0.01.24b (January 24, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 2 today ]
- Fixed a bug where the new in-world text was way too big.
v0.01.24a (January 24, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 2 today ]
- I have amplified the volume for Morris and changed his sounds just slightly so there is less popping.
- The Mushroom Station now has an icon and no longer says WIP
- After playing a while around level 50, I have changed your base health.
- - Each level, you will gain some health, rather than never gaining any. Your base was always 100 hit points, regardless of level.
- - I have changed it so that the base automatically goes up. From 100 hit points to almost 5000 hit points at level 100.
- - This will help with corpse retrieval and end-game one-shots.
- I have dramatically lowered the cost of Abel in the upper levels. Instead of 1 million credits at level 100, it is now 150k. Lower levels are a bit cheaper, but not as dramatic. Expect around 65% of the old cost at level 50.
- I also massively changed the experience table. It should be much quicker to level, though still not easy. It was taking about 4000 kills to gain levels post-90, but now it is around 1000. Mid-levels (around 50) should be quicker too.
- The amount of damage a monster does has been reduced overall slightly and more as they raise in levels. At level 100, they do about 65% of the damage they did before. There were too many one-hit kills. With player HPs increase and less damage, I hope this is better.
- I have made a huge change to in-world text. It is a lot easier to read now. This text includes damage numbers, item names, and words like execute, extra harvest and others.
- The special mushroom dirt mounds were appearing with regular crops because the bitflag was set the same as another, but it is fixed.
- When shooting a Rainbow wand, it would not calculate the elemental damage increase correctly, but it has been fixed. Yes, they will do more damage now.
v0.01.23a (January 23, 2019)
- Your survival points have been refunded. New crop harvesting nodes are complete.
- The Mushroom Station is in. Unlock it through the survival tree. Add Morris to your town!
- Reduced the cost of making the invulnerability potion from 5k to 1k crystal fragments
- Fixed a display bug with resistance rating on items. The popup still had '%' after the number, but it is fixed.
- Items that scaled with level did not take into consideration the new level 100 cap and were generating with 1/2 the stats they should have, but it has been fixed.
- Scaled affixes were still using 'Level 50' text, but the string has been fixed to say 100 now. The values were correct, the text was wrong.
v0.01.22a (January 22, 2019)
- Your survival talents have been reset.
- The scroll-related survival nodes have been completed.
- I have changed the "COOKING YOUR FOOD" quest to allow any recipe (Veggie Bowl, Sauerkraut, Stewed Carrots, etc) to count towards progress in the quest.
- The "FINDING MEAT" quest has changed as well. You now can obtain any 3 meat, it counts cooked meat at the start and you can cook any meat dish to complete the quest.
- I doubled the drop rate of seeds and meat for monsters lower than level 10.
- You can now craft/cook using components from the refrigerator as well as the bank and inventory.
- The recipe for Hamburger has changed back to 2 wheat instead of bread.
- I have improved the AI for skulls/familiars while the Necro/Wizard is flying. They should stick with you much better now.
- When you tried to upgrade the Holiday armor to Aspire (you can't), it would delete your rune and scroll, but this has been fixed. Nothing will be deleted, and the combine will not work.
v0.01.20a (January 20, 2019)
- I have removed the rot-timers from Crystal and Ore plants. They can remain ready to harvest all the time now.
- You can now craft items using components from your bank tabs. It will search your inventory first but take ingredients from the bank as well.
- I have changed the way your dropped items work on death. It now keeps them in a separate list and they will never be deleted. This will allow people to change difficulties or reset worlds and keep their items.
- Since you no longer lose your items while resetting the dungeon, Abel will now cost a lot more if you have more than 20 items (and each 10 items above that) in the world.
- The wrong shaped crystals were dropping from invasion bosses, but the shape is now determined by the level of the monster instead of the location in the world.
- Crystal Veins were using the wrong values for determining the crystal shape, but that too is fixed. They are based on depth and difficulty, unless you plant them.
v0.01.18a (January 18, 2019)
- I have updated the survival tree and your points have been refunded.
- There are new survival nodes working including: Healing Reload, Potion of Invulnerability and Mushroom nodes.
- I have added a visual effect to the ring of critical protection as well as potion of invulnerability
- Resistances have been renamed to resistance rating. It never made sense as a percent anyhow.
- In the stats sheet, it now displays a percent resistance for monsters at your level. Other levels will change this number.
- If you took the meat stacking survival node, it would set the stack size for all current items in your inventory, but new stacks found would never be set. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug which would not update crafting materials for food recipes when you ate raw ingredients.
- Necro skulls and familiars would keep their targets when transferring between worlds and try and attack them, but it has been fixed.
v0.01.15b (January 15, 2019)
[ Patch 2 of 2 today ]
- Fixed a bug with unique armor generation. It could return bad values to scale the armor and stats with resulting in very bad items.
v0.01.15a (January 15, 2019)
[ Patch 1 of 2 today ]
- I have reset your survival points again and there are new nodes working (health potion)
- The level difference formula has changed:
- - You can now do damage and gain experience normally until 5 levels above you. This is the same as before
- - Each level beyond that reduces it by 5% (now) instead of 10%
- - The lowest this value can ever become is 5%, so you can damage and gain experience from any monster above you in levels.
- - Monsters below your level (up to -5 difference) remain normal experience.
- - Each level below 5 difference remains 10% reduction in experience gain, but no damage reduction
- - At 15 levels below the player level, you gain 0% experience from killing those monsters
- I have updated the pop-up box message with level difference between monsters and players to include information about experience changes.
- Health potions have changed
- - There are now 9 different health potions for the game and which potion drops is based on monster-level or ilevel at that location
- - Chests, Vendors and other ways to get health potions should work. Please keep an eye out for problems.
- Many of the Health potion nodes in the survival tree are now working
- There are new debuffs for Hell and Inferno difficulty
- Monsters now label their nightmare-inferno affix in their pop-up box as 'Enhancement' instead of the word 'Nightmare'
v0.01.14b (January 14, 2019)
- The survival tree has changed again and your points have been reset.
- I have finished the seeds line of skills in the survival tree.
- Seeds and meat can now be turned to compost in Descent mode
- Crafted armor now displays armor and hit point values in the crafting pop-up box
- I made some mistakes in the calculations of the new armor and hit point values, but it has been fixed and your armor adjusted. They will still be lower than they were a few days ago, but monsters also expect lower values.
- I found a very rare bug where it was possible to not spawn enough rocks at the start of the game, but I ensure there are enough now.
- Baby trees (one stage beyond saplings) were not replacing themselves as saplings when chopped down so players could end up low on wood supply.
- The Necromancer Ancient "First One's Bone" was not granting critical hit healing, but it has been fixed.
- The survival node that allows you to make health potions was not working, but not marked as WIP, but it is properly marked now.
v0.01.14a (January 14, 2019)
- Your survival points have been refunded. I have added the forage meat nodes and finished the basic recipes.
- I changed armor scaling again. Your crafted armor should have new (worse) stats. I changed the monster scaling and forgot to change the armor to match yesterday. It now is data-driven so armor values will change when monster scaling changes. This will make it harder.
- I have changed the way armor negates damage to be more effective. This should offset the difficulty increase from above.
- I changed Aspire, Cosmic and Holiday runeword results. Instead of a flat armor and hit point gain, they are now percentage based on the base armor.
- Reduced the amount of survival experience you get from planting. It had an accidental multiplier based on the sRank needed to plant, so crystal plants, ore plants with high sRank needed were giving 10x experience.
- Fixed a loading bug for players with pets. It checks your pets vs. buff to make sure they match, but if they don't I didn't remove the pets correctly so the count would be off.
v0.01.11d (January 11, 2019)
- Fixed a terrible character loading bug.
v0.01.11c (January 11, 2019)
- I have added two new bank tabs. One for early (12.5k gold) and one late (500k gold). They will show up at the vendor after midnight game-time.
- I have added a new row of inventory space.
- You will no longer drop ancient items on death.
- There is a new option in gameplay - auto-pickup seeds on/off. The default is on.
- I have slowed down survival leveling. It was a bit fast.
- Fixed a bug when crafting Verdant, Cobalt or Crimson armor it was using the wrong ilevel if you got a random affix added. It will now give properly scaled stats.
v0.01.11b (January 11, 2019)
- Fixed a crash bug while loading characters over level 50
- Accidentally left survival cap at 50, not 100, but really 100 now.
v0.01.11a (January 11, 2019)
- Your survival points have been reset/refunded and the survival tree has changed.
- I have rescaled survival experience. It should be much easier to gain survival levels. I hope this also helps with early hunger-death loops.
- The survival level cap has been raised to 100.
- The mouse-wheel can now changes pages on the survival panel
- You can now gain survival experience foraging mushrooms
- Survival experience for digging dirt scales down with survival rank. Early, you get good experience for digging, later, almost none.
- Digging with a 3x3 ring will only grant you single experience instead of 9x experience.
- Your stomach size has changed for level 50 onward. It grew out of proportion with survival. Since survival now is capped at 100, everything should be more balanced.
- I have reduced the monster damage and hit point scaling a bit, to make it slightly easier. The scaling grew too rapidly and mid to end values were too high. It may need more adjustment.
- Execute has changed. You can now only execute an enemy once a second and they must have less than 50% hit points.
- I am trying to get another patch done today. We will see how it goes.
- There will be increased inventory and stash pages soon.
v0.01.05a (January 5, 2019)
- I have redone how experience gain works for monsters. They now have a scaling table of how much experience they give. This will greatly increase the leveling rate for the game.
- I changed which shapes of crystals drop to match the new armor locations
- Unique Armor drops should now also have the correct crystal slot shapes for the zones and difficulties.
- When mousing-over the experience bar, the popup-window numbers would not update until you moved the mouse, but this is no longer the case.
v0.01.04b (January 4, 2019)
- Emergency patched a bug that wouldn't allow you select things after opening the quest window.
v0.01.04a (January 4, 2019)
NOTE: Your world dungeon has been reset. You have been placed (along with any dropped player-bound items) on the surface.
- The max level for the game is now 100. Monsters, items and player experience will all scale this high.
- To support this new leveling, there are now 4 difficulties in the game: Normal(1-35), Nightmare(35-65), Hell(65-90), Inferno(90-110).
- New books for creating these difficulties are available at the Wizard on refill at midnight game-time.
- Experience gain has increased by 20% to allow for a faster leveling experience in Normal. You used to need to be level 25 at the bottom, now 35.
- The vertical size of each "zone" in the world has been increased by 15%
- The number of random rooms you find before the dungeon in each zone has been increased by 25%
- All crafted armors have had large stat increases to make up for the new leveling changes and where they are expected.
- Any crafted armor you have on your player, bank, etc will automatically get the new stats on load. This may throw off balance in late game because old-mid-nightmare (ilevel 30) armor is now meant for hell (ilevel 75).
- I have changed the rate at which you get crafted armors from the end of normal difficulty onwards:
- - Iron (ilevel 6), Copper (ilevel 12), Mithril (ilevel 18), Rubium (ilevel 25) and Gold (ilevel 35) are in Normal
- - Adamantine (ilevel 45), Verdant (ilevel 55) and Cobalt (ilevel 65) are in Nightmare
- - Crimson (ilevel 75), and (tbd-ilevel 85) are in Hell
- - The final armor (tbd-ilevel 95) is in Inferno
- I changed the way that affixes are chosen for monsters in Nightmare difficulty (and beyond). It will now limit the number of times any specific affix will appear to create better variety and getting stuck with a bad one over and over.
- I have renamed Luck back to Magic Find, because I wanted to.
- Fixed a long-time (since prototype) rendering bug which created seams in the world. I had some kludge in there to fix it, but fixed the real bug and removed the kludge. - Fixed another rendering bug which would incorrectly render the second-layer block front when there was a block in the first layer, creating a lighting seam and extra rendering.
- The debuffs for hell and inferno are not in yet.
- I am going to change execute in the next patch. It will not be as powerful as it is now.
v0.12.30a (December 30, 2018)
- You can now use the mousewheel to scroll through the pages at the vendor
- I have improved the VFX for the wizard "Omnibus of Translocation" ancient item
- Fixed a bug that caused Graybeard to be left behind if you picked up the bank.
- A while back, I changed the length of seasons and messed up the state of the ground/dirt-tiles so they didn't change correctly. It has been fixed.
- Picking up interactive objects (like sticks, rocks, etc) was broken with the 'b' button on the controller but has been fixed.
v0.12.29a (December 29, 2018)
- Vendors now dynamically adjust how many pages they have for their supply of goods for sale.
- There is one new item at Graybeard for the Holiday event. Once the vendor refreshes at midnight game-time, it should appear.
- Fixed a bug which would allow a vendor window to be open at the same time as the bank UI.
v0.12.28a (December 28, 2018)
The ILB Holiday Event has arrived!
Jolly Ol' Graybeard has appeared in town. Visit him at the bank to view all the fun toys he has for sale. Collect Snowflakes that are dropped from bosses and monsters.
Happy Holidays everyone!
Thank you so much for the support everyone has given me in the last year. It is greatly appreciated!
v0.12.19a (December 19, 2018)
- I have added different icons for Playstation vs XBox controllers. I wasn't able to test with a PS3 controller. Let me know if it works.
- SDL does not do a great job with reporting what types of controllers are attached. I talked to the SDL guy and he suggest the way I implemented it. Let me know if it incorrectly identifies what type of controller you have.
- I changed the colors of the fourth zone below the surface. It used to be red and the next zone is flesh-colored, and it was a bit confusing. It is now purple.
- The General Store blueprint now takes 8 Tough Grass instead of 8 Wheat to create. I also increased the number of Tough Grasses spawned at dungeon creation to assure there are enough.
- Fixed a bug where the mouse-cursor would disappear if you used a controller and went back to the main menu
- You were unable to click on many objects (chests/crystals veins/etc) with a controller, but it has been fixed.
v0.12.18a (December 18, 2018)
- I forgot to mention that pressing down on the Left Stick is sleep.
- I have added a color for cosmetic items and they now glow. This should make it harder to miss the cosmetic items that drop. Hats and Back items are cyan, Ambient Pets are mint-green.
- The dungeon now produces about half the mushrooms it used to produce. Feast and Meal mushrooms are much rarer than they used to be as well.
- I slightly reduced the drop rate of seeds/meat from monsters. I also changed it so it chooses to drop a seed more often and meat less often. I hope this makes it so you need to plant more often in the later game.
- I increased the drop rate of meat from rats
- I have greatly increased the amount of survival experience you get for planting and harvesting.
- You can now gain survival experience for chopping down trees (both money and normal)
- Quests can now give survival experience instead or in-addition to leveling experience.
- Several quests that focus on survival now give survival experience as well.
- There are 3 new quests to help with feeding yourself and survival. I hope this improves the hunger/death-loop for new players.
- Fixed a rare bug which would leave the NPC behind when you picked up the building. Thank you all for helping find this one!
v0.12.16a (December 16, 2018)
I have enabled the Alpha version of Controller support!
A few notes:
- - You can toggle the controller on and off in the options menu
- - Right now, there is only art for XBox controller, not PlayStation or others. So it will use A-B-X-Y
- - I know there a few things wrong and missing. I will be fixing some of them over the coming days. Mainly some tooltips and messages have errors.
- - If you get stuck and can't interact with some UI, you can always hit down on the D-Pad and you will be in mouse-cursor-drive-mode with the left stick and can scroll anywhere and click.
Here are the controls:
- Left stick moves your character left/right and squat/down
- If you press the stick slightly, a targeting cursor appears and you can use it to highlight something to interact with.
- Pressing the stick fully will begin movement.
- - Up -- does the "right" thing with the UI. This is going to change to a menu select, but right now it accepts new quests, opens survival and level up UIs, whatever is needed.
- - Left/Right -- changes the selection box on the hotbar (like mousewheel)
- - Down -- opens the inventory and crafting panel and puts the cursor in "UI cursor drive mode" (using the left stick)
- Right Stick -- puts a cursor out away from the character to the edge of the screen. This can be used for targeting skills like teleport and dash.
- A -- jumps
- B -- interacts with things (doors/chests/etc)
- X/Y/LB/RB are assigned to spots on the hotbar and ancient bar. Clicking them activates the item.
- Left Trigger is used like a shift key. Dig/place/etc in the background with the Left Trigger held down.
- Right Trigger uses the current hotbar item (swing a sword, dig, place an torch, etc) like left-mouse button.
- The UI to reassign/modify controller buttons will be in the future. Right now, you are stuck with these controls.
- I am going to revamping the UI in the game to remove the difference between Right mouse button and 'e' (interact) key. The difference is no longer needed and it will help controller support.
- Tomorrow there will be a patch with a number of survival improvements focused on new player experience and end-game survival being too easy.
v0.12.04a (December 4, 2018)
- The Harvest Event has come to an end. Thanks for participating!
- There was a bad bug with splitting or changing food stacks and it got worse when recombining them into other stacks.
- - This was several bugs, including a 0 feed bug.
- - Food may have slightly adjusted values (+/-1) from before.
- - I have rewritten the entire system and the way it calculates feed and I think it is fixed.
- - All old broken food should be recalculated on load
- - Please be on the lookout for food with 0 feed or large rank numbers or negative rank numbers, though they should be impossible now.
v0.12.03a (December 3, 2018)
- If the cooldown of an item is 1m or more, it now displays it as minutes rather than seconds on the item tooltip.
- Slightly updated the vfx for item glow
- Fixed a bug with the item glows sticking around.
- There was a typo in the Cornucopia text that has been fixed.
- The dirt tiles were not changing during season transitions, but they are now working again.
- If the banker was open and you could highlight and interact with a fridge, it would put both UIs up, but it has been fixed.
- The Poisonous Phial was supposed to break shadows or wisp form but was not. This is now working as intended.
v0.11.29a (November 29, 2018)
- I changed the cooldown on the Neverending Potion of Life to 15 seconds.
- The cooldown on the Harvest event item has been increased to 1 hour.
- Crops now grow differently
- - If you plant any seed before midnight, it will grow one stage the next day. Some crops have multiple stages (corn, tomatoes), other have one stage (carrot, cabbage)
- - All crops, trees, etc transform/grow at noon
- - If any crops you planted grow to harvesting, then a message appears on the screen telling you they are ready.
- - Tooltips now say how many days it takes to harvest (from seeds)
- - Tooltips now also say if you have enough time to plant it and harvest it in the current season
- Seasons are now 15 days long instead of 7. THIS MAY CHANGE YOUR CURRENT SEASON! It's going to be a long winter...
- Seeds are now auto-pickup
- Items with a quality of exceptional, unique, set or ancient now have a glow effect while in the world
- The Cleric ancient item Pureguard has been boosted to give (120/130/140/150%) armor
- The Cleric ancient item Divine Circlet has been boosted to give (25/30/35/40%) armor to weapon damage
- The Rogue ancient item Refreshing Flask now also cures all status effects
- The Rogue ancient item Cloak of Shadows now also has Speed (5, 10, 15, 20) while in shadows
- I've added three new recipes. One to summer recipes, one to autumn and one for chicken eggs. If you have those talents or that building, they should unlock on load.
- The regeneration was not working on the Harvest event item in Descent mode, but it has been fixed.
- With the new update to Ambient Pet AI yesterday, there was a case situation where the pet would wiggle back and forth quickly, but it has been fixed.
- If you had multiple Neverending Potions of Life, it didn't set the cooldown for all on use. This has been fixed.
- Classes that don't use int/wis were showing the int stat in the upper-left display but it has been fixed.
- When you played the game in a different season from Spring, then created a new character, some of the graphics would be stuck on the wrong season, but it is fixed.
v0.11.28a (November 28, 2018)
- I've changed it so that you can sleep and mess with your inventory a bit.
- - You can't mess with ancient items
- - You can't change your hotbar selection slot
- - I would love some feedback and any bugs people might find. I'm sure there will be a few.
- Ancient items now fill in the bar from the right side instead of left when getting them from quests or picking them off the ground (when there is space).
- I have improved Ambient pet AI. They shouldn't jump around as much.
- I have added flying Ambient pet AI as well. There is one new pet to find.
- In creative, you could delete your hoe and get stuck in the quest chain because you never got the recipe. The recipe is now available and older characters should have it as well.
- Torches hanging on the side of blocks were being placed too far back and floating in mid-air. They are now on the front-most blocks.
v0.11.27a (November 27, 2018)
- When you used a World book, the regenerated world had the wrong tiles in the 3rd/far-back layer. They were supposed to be a red indestructible tile, but they were "dirt" tiles for that layer. This is fixed.
- If you used a World book with Paladin blocks in the upper layer, they would never go away, but it has been fixed.
- With the new camera zoom feature, you could run across black blocks appearing where you dig. I think I've fixed it, but we should keep an eye out. It was hard to repeat the bug.
v0.11.26a (November 26, 2018)
- Crazy new Camera control (O.o)
- - Zoom in and out of the world while in-game with CTRL+Mouse-wheel.
- - Hit HOME key to get back to default.
- - There is a slider for camera distance in the Graphics Options menu as well
- I improved performance in 4k. It was drawing 4x too much outside the bounds of what it should be drawing.
- I also slightly improved the rendering performance overall
- Let me know if anyone has problems with not drawing along the edges. I did test it on 4k/ultra-wide/regular monitors.
- Fixed a bug which didn't create fullscreen resolutions correctly. It would just do max-res fullscreen instead of what you set it at. It should work now.
- If you dug out the ground under a quick-vault, it turned it into an item and you could reuse it, but it has been fixed. If you dig out the ground, it goes away.
- The amount of expected armor was off by one level. Monsters expected higher armor and Items use this to create unique armors.
- - This will result in monsters not hitting as hard, but it will be barely noticeable. Most of the time there will be 2% less damage, which is very little.
- - Unique items use expected armor to create their stats. They will be slightly lower now compared to before because they were one level higher.
- - Level 50 unique items had broken armor stats because the table didn't go that high (because it was looking for 51) but it should be fixed now.
- When you changed VSync, it would not update until the next time you ran, but it didn't say that. Now it does.
v0.11.25a (November 25, 2018)
- There was a world text buffer that was too big and may have been causing some lag. I hope this fixes it.
- Found another 4k resolution bug and this one was very serious. There were buffer overwrites and probably causing crashes.
- I fixed a bug in 4k that would not display the item names correctly above the items if you held down ALT
v0.11.23a (November 23, 2018)
- If you use the event item, it sets the cooldown for all of those items in your possession. You can only use one.
- Fixed a problem with the event item, it now has a cooldown that works.
- In 4k resolution, I changed the size of a buffer that was possibly broken. There have been 4k crashes and I hope this fixes it.
v0.11.22a (November 22, 2018)
THE HARVEST FEST HAS ARRIVED IN ILB!
Just in time for Thanksgiving, a small Harvest event is now active in It Lurks Below. Talk to the Great Gobbler at the bank.
This event will be live for several days.
- The game properly handles level 50 now. (Current max level)
- I have drawn shoulders for all the two-handed animations in the game. I forgot to draw them, so it should look a bit better now.
- If you dashed across a world-zone boundary, you would not get credit for entering that area for a quest, but it has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug which sometimes prevented new characters from not having enough snack mushrooms on the surface.
- If you reached level 50 in any survival mode, it would cause a crash, but it has been fixed.
v0.11.19a (November 19, 2018)
- I was not removing Paladin Consecration Blocks correctly when the block was destroyed, but it has been fixed. It could lead to a hard-lock/crash.
- Fixed some minor problems with particle limits, which are reached more often with Paladin.
- Someone got some corrupted coordinates for portals and it would crash when they tried to use it. Not sure how it happened, but it checks it he coordinates are okay now.
v0.11.18a (November 18, 2018)
- I have changed the calculation for attack rate modifier!
- - You can now attack faster than ever before, and the number limit is much higher.
- - It is possible to get down to 1 frame between animations now for melee, 2 frames between shots for ranged (@ 60 fps)
- Paladin Consecration Blocks now save which block it replaces and puts that block back once it wears off.
- If there are enemies that the Paladin dashes through or into while using Pureboots, they will be purified.
- If you re-consecrate the same ground, the timer now refreshes on that block. It was just skipping it.
- The Paladin Consecrated Blocks would overwrite the ore in nightmare mode, but it has been fixed.
- Fixed a minor bug that happened when the game reached max particles.
v0.11.17c (November 17, 2018)
- Fixed a crash that happened when you flew up to the clouds
v0.11.17b (November 17, 2018)
- Turned off the sound on the heal while standing on Consecrated Blocks
- Accidentally left exceptional-only mace generation on.
v0.11.17a (November 17, 2018)
- Paladin Consecration Blocks turn into dirt tiles after 10 seconds
- Paladin can now purify bosses
- Standing on Consecrated blocks heals you slowly
- Bracers of Justice cooldown has been shortened to 3 seconds
- Increased chance of extra attack on Bracers of Justice 20/40/60/80
- There is now one second of damage immunity to Paladin Bracers of Justice on use
- The radius of Tome of Atonement has been doubled
- Tome of Atonement now purifies as well as damages. If an enemy is not purified, it will do that first, then it does damage.
- Changed the graphic for Tome of Atonement particle effect
- Blessed Gloves cooldown has been greatly shortened to 4/3/2/1 minute
- Increased the amount of healing from Divine Bulwark to 10% from 5%
- If you died while dashing as the Paladin, there was a chance you could lose your items when they dropped, but this has been fixed.
- Paladin will no longer replace blocks it should not (boss-door/shrine/portal base blocks). It will no longer replace corrupted blocks either.
- Fixed a problem with boss door blocks and monster placed blocks missing collision.
v0.11.16b (November 16, 2018)
- I fixed the inability to complete the improved weapon quest.
- The wrong weapon description was in the character create for Paladin
v0.11.16a (November 16, 2018)
The Paladin Patch is here!
- You can now choose to play Paladin. I'm sure there will be some bugs because it has some unusual skills.
- Originally, I was going to have you unlock the Paladin through play, but for now, I've just unlocked it for everyone. This may change in the future, but I want feedback, so it is unlocked.
- Two-handed weapons come in 2 flavors: Sword or Mace. Swords do 15% extra damage to demons, while Maces do 15% extra damage to undead.
- There were many, many changes for Paladin, so I expect a few bugs over the next few days.
- I believe I fixed the 4k bug. I found a bug in Release compile vs. Debug compile that may have caused the problem. Please let me know.
- There were some problems with a few ancient items/skills when you had 0 attack power. They have been slightly boosted and fixed. This included bard songs.
- When a player stopped using the altar for any reason (getting hit, walking away, recall, etc) the items would be lost. I forgot to put them in the correct "world", but it is fixed now.
- The Enchanter debuff aura would remove the invulnerability on Drackel the Flesh Ooze, but it has been fixed.
- If you somehow killed Drackel while it was supposed to be invulnerable it would crash, but I fixed that as well.
v0.11.12a (November 12, 2018)
I've been working hard on getting the Paladin in, but it is not quite ready yet. There are a lot of great fixes here, so I'm patching.
- The Halloween event has been disabled for this year. Harvest event coming soon!
- The game now supports 4k monitor resolution and HighDPI. It really, really needs UI scaling, but it works.
- Added information to the survival quest that survival rank increases the amount of feed cooked food gives.
- The survival panel now shows what your current rank is as well has how many points you have to spend.
- Amplified Scream now says magic-damage in the description
- Back and Hat items now say what they are in the tooltip
- The mouse-wheel now changes pages at the bank when the mouse-cursor is in the bank window
- There are two new back items
- When you mouse-over the experience or survival bars on the hotbar-ui-panel it gives you details.
- When you slept or died the back item would draw in a strange/unchanged position. It now disappears.
- If you were dual wielding and transformed (into a bat) the back-arm sword would show up, but it has been fixed.
- In the secret portal areas, some rooms were empty, but it has been fixed.
- If you loaded the game or played in Nightmare difficulty, then left and created a new character, you could get nightmare affixes on monsters for your newbie character in normal difficulty.
- When playing Hardcore Descent, you would never unlock the composter or fridge, but that has been fixed. Older characters should have them unlocked on load.
- Sometimes in dark areas, a black bar/blocks would appear in the background on the surface, but this has been fixed.
v0.11.06a (November 6, 2018)
- I have added a new quest to the beginning of the game (in survival mode) teaching players the importance of cooking.
- The reward for this quest is a stack of veggie bowls, which will help with hunger early on.
- I now give the player 8 carrot seeds instead of 1 to do the farming quest.
- Both Sauerkraut and Stewed Carrots now have icons and are no longer WIP (Work in progress). This should help early game recipes as well.
- I have added a confirmation box for deleting characters. ( gasp )
v0.11.05a (November 5, 2018)
I have extended the Halloween event because many people were busy this weekend at BlizzCon and other things. I'm not sure when it will end, but I will give a bit of warning. Probably later this week.
- Add a description to the Fertilizer item
- I added 2 new back items that rarely drop from monsters. More back items to come.
- Wheat was spawning in the Winter, but it has been told it can't come out until Spring. It is a bit sad, but it understands.
- If you tried to dig the clouds with the 3x3, it could crash, but it has been fixed.
- When flying near the clouds, rain could have stopped spawning, but it has been fixed as well.
- I forgot to move the lock icon over the 2nd ring slot with the new inventory layout, but it is placed correctly now.
v0.11.03a (November 3, 2018)
- Added a new item slot called "back". This is cosmetic only, similar to hat.
- Added final Halloween item. It should be on the Halloween Hag after a refresh (midnight in game)
- Halloween event will run through the weekend. Enjoy everyone!
v0.11.01a (November 1, 2018)
- There is now a legendary version of the Dread o'Lantern Brew. Good luck!
- The main world was not being created correctly with a world reset book. The middle layer of blocks was missing/gone in all newly created zones. This has been fixed.
- The middle layer missing in recreated worlds led to all sorts of rendering issues, creating flashing holes in the background, but it is fixed now.
- I accidentally left some debugging code in and 2 portals were being created in every world, but it is back to normal now.
- On the edge of the screen, there was a rendering error that is now fixed.
- Sometimes the Tentacle of It would draw itself in wrong world, but it has been fixed.
- Also, the Tentacle of It death-eye could kill you in the wrong world, but this too has been fixed.
- Fixed a terrible, terrible bug with save files. I'm pretty sure this is what was causing the save corruptions.
- If you transferred worlds with recall while holding a torch or similar item, the game could crash, but it has been fixed.
v0.10.31b (October 31, 2018)
- Fixed the Halloween Brew data error, so it could show up in Descent Mode
v0.10.31a (October 31, 2018)
The Dread o'Lantern has arrived! Help the Halloween Hag by defeating the evil squash.
- The Halloween Hag has created a special brew for Halloween. Quaff it and try to defeat the Dread o'Lantern while it remains in this realm!
- Added the ability to keep track of boss dps and display it. The Dread o'Lantern will be the first boss to use the technology.
- Please note that all new items for the Halloween Hag (including the Brew) won't show up until the next in-game day when vendors get refreshed at midnight.
- There was a rendering bug which would leave holes/openings in the dark of the dungeon, but it has been fixed.
- The Omnibus of Translocation was replying with a bunch of warrior dashing nonsense when you couldn't translocate somewhere, but it now speaks wizard again.
- Fixed a terrible movement bug that could cause a crash. I hope this reduces some of the crashing that is being reported.
v0.10.30a (October 30, 2018)
- The Halloween Hag is now selling two new items!
- I've doubled the drop rate of Pumpkins
- Gold Find now increases the chance of a pumpkin dropping
- Monsters can now drop more than one pumpkin at a time depending on their level
- Fixed a crash bug with holding items and switching worlds
- Monsters spawned from monsters can't drop pumpkins anymore, such as Drackel spiders.
v0.10.29b (October 29, 2018)
- If you used a Normal or Nightmare World Book, you would lose all of your entities (Halloween Hag, rats, rocks, trees) in the new world, but this has been fixed.
- All people who had lost all of their entities in the Halloween world should have them back.
- Fixed a bug with loading files which could result in corrupted saves.
v0.10.29a (October 29, 2018)
Halloween has come to ILB! Come celebrate Halloween in It Lurks Below!
A doorway to a mysterious far-off land has appeared. The Halloween Hag needs your assistance in creating an incredible Halloween potion.
Collect pumpkins by slaying monsters and bring them to the Halloween Hag for special items.
There will be new special items throughout the week. Come back every day for something new and exciting!
- There was a bug in the way I was updating the map textures and it would sometimes draw in the incorrect map. This has been fixed.
- Both Necromancers and Wizards could have their pet buffs, but no pets and be unable to summon new ones if they were upgraded. They should be okay now.
- All the grass tiles now change during seasons instead of just the front layer.
v0.10.27a (October 27, 2018)
- Many players who update to new worlds don't have a Mooffulo (Not a cow) anymore. There will be an update where it will make a comeback soon.
- Fixed a bug where players could go through a portal and would get stuck in a bad place. I wasn't saving portal locations in the save file, but I am now.
- Sometimes after going through a portal, players were not able to load their save game, but that has been fixed. It will place you back in the main world on the surface.
- Necromancers who updated to new worlds would sometimes have no skulls and not be able to generate new ones. This has been fixed.
v0.10.26c (October 26, 2018)
- You can now select all 3 layers and dig properly with the 3x3 digging ring
- Fixed a bug with the Hoe not showing the selected block properly
- Abel would summon your items but keep them in the other world, where you couldn't get to them. It wasn't very helpful. His magic is working better and should summon them from other worlds now.
v0.10.26b (October 26, 2018)
I forgot to mention that there is a new voxel-styled ambient occlusion lighting model in the game as well. It makes the 3d-ness stand out.
- If you created a new character and new world, the ground was missing. I found it. It was hiding under a pile of papers on my desk. It should show up now.
- Fixed a bug which didn't allow Abel to be moved. You are now able to move Abel.
- There was a problem with freeing some video memory which could lead to a crash, but I free it properly now.
v0.10.26a (October 26, 2018)
Your world has been RESET!
This is a big data-change patch. There have been a lot of changes in the last few weeks. I spent most of my time on two features:
1a) The world is now made up of 3 layers instead of 2. Access placing/digging blocks with nothing(front)/shift(mid)/control(back)
1b) There are now multiple worlds to visit. Instead of just one "world/dungeon" I can now create many/multiple worlds/locations to visit. Right now there are two.
2) Liquids - water, etc. I spent two weeks trying to get this to work properly and I couldn't. I did 99% of the work, but couldn't stabilize liquids properly, so they are on the back burner for now. I'm quite sad about this and hope to return to it before release, but we will see.
About the Reset: Your characters still work and have their stuff, but the world has been regenerated for 3 layers and two locations/worlds.
All crops (turned to seeds), all crafting devices (forge, anvil, etc), all buildings have been placed on the ground at your feet when you start.
Bosses are now accessed through doors at the end of the dungeon strip which transfer worlds to the boss room rather than being in the same world.
Let me know if you have problems in our Discord channel.
Expect a few patches this weekend, including some Halloween stuff!!
- A few objects (bed, bank lights, etc) have new art
- Fixed a bug with creating stacked food with different survival ranks on the ingredients
- Fixed a block-selection bug with mid and back layers. It would always be red, but it works properly now.
v0.10.4a (October 4, 2018)
- Changed the way food stacks and acts for survival.
- - It will now keep track of the total-feed and show (and provide) the average.
- - This means that different slevel food will stack. No more separate stacks that don't combine.
- - I have a new reverse calculated slevel formula based on the total-feed. As total feed goes up, so does the slevel of the stacked item.
- - When cooking food, it will use the average feed values to reverse calculate an slevel for the cooked food.
- Added a few new food icons, but not finished yet.
- Fixed a bug which cause a "leafnado" in the springtime. A column of leaves would just wrap around and around at location 0.
- Using compost to create anything, created a full stack and only used the compost once. It now uses the compost correctly.
- Fixed some items (raw meat, wheat) that were marked as instant use items, but wouldn't do anything (can't eat them). They are no longer instant items.
v0.9.29b (September 29, 2018)
- I added torches to the chicken coop. Pick it up and place it down again to get the torches.
- I disabled the Options Controls menu because it isn't working and you could click on it.
- You could make more than one chicken coop, but this has been fixed. If you made more, I didn't take them away.
- You couldn't pick up the chicken coop, but you can now.
v0.9.29a (September 29, 2018)
- I have started the revamp on the Options Menu. This is in prep for doing in-game key-remapping.
- I have added a gameplay option to always have item names shown
- Descent mode no longer drops coffee, slow digestion rings, sustain or stamina scrolls
- Descent mode no longer has food or mushroom special rooms
- I have added the chicken coop to survival. The pet vendor sells the plans. You will have to wait for a vendor refresh at midnight to see it, if you already have one built.
- The chicken in the coop creates an egg once a day. The chicken spawns an egg into the world, which never disappears.
- Fixed a long standing bug where placing-blocks/tilling/etc on the 0/512 world border would result in a strange cursor jump
- There was a bug which increased max hunger in descent so you could end up with a flashing yellow border. This is fixed in both ways; no longer increased, no longer flashing borders.
v0.9.25a (September 25, 2018)
- I've added Hardcore Descent as a game style. Good luck and have fun!
- Hunger has been changed to update every 8 seconds instead of 6. Slow digestion is now 12 instead of 9 seconds.
- I accidentally left out the slower hunger before level 4, but that is back in for survival modes.
- Almost all monsters now have a small chance to drop seeds (common) or meat (rare) in survival modes.
- Bosses will drop a seed-bag's worth of seeds in survival modes
- I have removed sleep healing in Descent modes. It was too easy to exploit. In survival, you don't sleep long because it uses hunger. There was no disadvantage to sleep healing in Descent.
- The oven (found in the general store) acts like a campfire now. You can cook any recipe near it or a campfire.
- When seasons change (in any style) and it kills current plants that can't grow in that season, it now drops a seed of that plant-type as it kills it.
- I refactored all the survival/creative/descent mode checking in the code, so I hope I haven't made any/many mistakes.
- In Descent, scrolls of stamina and sustain, as well as slow digestion gear can still drop. Mushroom special-rooms can still appear.
v0.9.24c (September 24, 2018)
- You stopped getting experience from killing mobs in Descent mode around level 3 or 4. I have no idea why that code was in there. It's gone.
v0.9.24b (September 24, 2018)
- Fixed it so that you can sleep in Descent mode (and heal)
- Planting something will no longer kick off the farming or survival quests in Descent Mode
v0.9.24a (September 24, 2018)
- There is a new game style/mode in the game: Descent
- This Descent mode removes the survival aspects of the game (hunger/stamina) and lets players focus on dungeon exploration, destroying monsters and getting loot.
- There are no mushrooms, less initial food, and no survival tree.
- Players can still obtain the fridge, composter, new pickaxes, pulaski and other tools by advancing through the game.
- Players can still farm but the food doesn't do much. There are a few recipes that get unlocked through play and give you food buffs, but not many.
- Magic farming is available with a book sold at the general store.
- You can now see the seasons a seed can be planted in the tooltip while at the bank or any vendor
- I slightly increased the seed drop rate in Survival mode
- Fixed a bug that was caused by shift-clicking to create a stack of food, and the resultant survival ranks were different, it would use the materials and not give you the items.
v0.9.23b (September 23, 2018)
[ Patch 2 of 2(?) today ]
- If you loaded a character, went back to the main menu and started a new character, you would start in the wrong season (and possibly winter). This is fixed.
- Fixed a bad bug, which was incorrectly dropping crystals, potions and other stuff at the wrong depth. I swapped depth and survival level when creating the item.
v0.9.23a (September 23, 2018)
Thanks for all the feedback on the survival changes. This patch will address a few early problems.
- I've balanced the food created in a new world. Instead of randomly choosing between carrots, cabbage and berries, there is a good balance, making it easier to cook.
- There are several new recipes to help early/common cooking: Stewed Carrots, Sauerkraut, Burger and Corned Beef with Cabbage
- Seed bags also take seasons into account now
- Luck now changes what seeds you get out of bags and chests. There are rare and common seeds.
v0.9.22a (September 22, 2018)
It has taken a while to create this patch. This is a really big change to the survival part of the game.
The vision for this game has always been a mix of survival and action-oriented-rpg. I wasn't happy with the way farming was going, so I've changed it. Part of what makes a survival game interesting is when it is difficult. The struggle is compelling. With farming, it was extremely hard, then very easy. After just a short time playing, there was no challenge left and it became too chore-like. So, I have changed farming quite a bit in this patch.
I'm not sure it will stay this way. I'm going to play it for a few days/weeks and see how it goes. This is what early-access is all about. I am also strongly considering a mode in the game without food/hunger/energy. A dungeon-diver mode, if you will. That will be later, if I add it. I'd love to hear you feedback on the changes as well. On to the patch notes!
Survival and Farming changes:
- Your survival points have been refunded and the survival tree has been greatly altered. It is currently a bit small.
- Food no longer rots in your inventory
- Food no longer makes seeds. You must find seeds in the dungeon.
- Grow times have been greatly increased.
- All non-magic crops no longer rot before harvesting.
- You can only plant most seeds during specific seasons. They say which season when you highlight them.
- The vendors no longer sell seeds most of the time. There is a rare chance that they will sell some.
- When a new season starts, it will kill any plant in the world that can't grow during the season.
- When you load a character, it will kill any plant that isn't supposed to be growing during the immediate season.
- No food grows during winter.
- The second quest no longer has you extract seeds from food. The farming quest gives you a carrot seed to plant.
- All crops and food now have a survival ranking. This is determined by what survival ranking you are when you acquire it.
- A crop's survival ranking increases the amount of feed the food will provide.
- When you mouse-over any food, it will display how much feed it provides.
- When you cook food out of crops, it averages the survival ranking to assign to the cooked food.
- Raw food provides almost no feed for your hunger.
- You now get the cooking recipe: Veggie Bowl the first time you harvest a carrot or cabbage.
- There are new recipes for spring, summer and autumn. Basic will allow you to cook food into meals. Advanced recipes will provide buffs. Not all are in yet.
- Compost is now a currency, like gold or crystal-shards. All your compost inventory items have been removed and turned into currency.
- When you compost an item, the amount of compost scales based on the crop survival ranking.
- Your stomach now scales based on your experience level. You start with 100 and get to 1000ish at level 50.
- The UI for your stomach now displays a number instead of a percent.
- You lose 1% of your stomach every 6 seconds (without slow digestion, etc)
- Sleeping will slightly increase (1s) the time until you lose 1%
- YOU CAN DIE OF HUNGER, once again. The hungry debuff will stack to 10 and then you start losing health every second.
- I have increased seed prices
- You can no longer pick up and replace vendors to refresh their inventories.
- The crafting menu now has a sorting order in the data, so it should make more sense and items show be clumped together better.
- Fixed a bug with ground torches preventing you from tilling anywhere near them.
v0.9.12b (September 12, 2018)
- All Staves now draw arms and shoulders correctly. When I fixed melee weapons, I forgot to fix Staves
- Scrolls now have a description of what they do in the popup window
- There is now a debuff for being in Nightmare. You will have less resistances and have a chance at dropping ancient items when you die.
- I accidentally left rain/snow off, but inclement weather is back.
v0.9.12a (September 12, 2018)
The four seasons have come to ILB!
- I have added seasons to ILB. New characters start in spring and each season lasts 7 in-game days.
- It will automatically change to the correct season on load of older characters.
- I will be changing Farming next. Seasons will change what you can plant and when.
- In winter, you will not be able to plant anything, and nothing will bloom. You have been warned. Prepare for winter.
- I have changed buff timers to display just hour or minutes or seconds depending on length, rather than exact time.
- Survival Experience for digging was being rewarded on a per-swing basis instead of per-block.
- - It has been changed to be awarded on block destruction and the amount is based on how strong the block is.
- - This should increase the survival experience from digging quite a bit in the late game.
- Roasted coffee beans incorrectly had a rot time (that was not displayed). They no longer rot.
v0.9.09a (September 9, 2018)
- Reduced the amount of damage that The Invigorating Ukulele does
- Hell Bats will no longer get the "sight" buff in Nightmare. No more digging all over the level.
- I have made big changes to The Tentacle of It
- - The movement pattern and speed are very different.
- - The room is slightly different.
- - There are now visiual effects when the enlarging eye explodes.
- - Nightmare AI is active now.
- Fixed a typo in the Weapon Stance Ancient item text
- Fixed a typo in the Defensive Stance Ancient item text
- You can no longer place dirt on top of ground-torches. Thanks for finding that one. It has been in a year and never reported.
v0.9.08a (September 8, 2018)
- Updated the Nightmare sight buff description to say: "and digs" because they can dig as well
- You can now pick up/remove Golden Orbs and they will disappear if you dig the background.
- There are five more monsters with new Nightmare palettes
- Amplified Scream bolts now do a lot less damage
- I have fixed cooldowns on unique items after loading. I patched to get this fixed asap.
v0.9.07a (September 7, 2018)
- Many of the monsters now have new palettes/colors for nightmare vs. normal (and hell) difficulties. This is new tech that will apply to other things as well.
- There are 5 new uniques. No spoilers, but they are pretty cool.
- Most Monsters have been reworked for nightmare mode.
- - All monsters types have new buff/modifier (attack, hit points, crit, digging, building, etc)
- - You can see the modifier when you mouse-over a monster-type. It will say in the popup box.
- The next ore series is available in Nightmare: Crimson and Vibrantium.
- The next series of armor in Nightmare can be made
- There is a new magic plant: Vibrantium Ore Bulb and should be auto-given if you have magic-crops unlocked.
- Most of the prices for ore, bars and armor have been adjusted to be even money. There were no changes to the base (ore) prices.
- Nightmare debuff for the player is coming very soon.
- I've also been working on controller support, liquids, winter (and a big change) and OpenGL, but none of that is quite ready.
- Changes to Boss 3 movement/AI in both Normal and Nightmare
- Final monsters for bottom layer of Normal and the End-Boss
v0.9.03a (September 3, 2018)
- Your character arms now change colors for Verdant and Cobalt armor
- Drackel the Flesh Ooze has a new AI for Nightmare difficulty
- You can no longer sleep in Wisp form
- I have added the Bronzed Ore bulb for magic farming. You should automatically get it if you have magic farming unlocked.
- Golden Fertilizer has been moved out of the general store and into seed bags in the dungeon. Gold trees now drop thousands of gold when chopped down.
- Fixed a typo with the Staggering Amulet - If you died with the automap up, the menu would appear underneath, but it should go away now.
- Selling materials didn't update the current state of your crafting recipe materials, but it does now.
- I fixed Wisp-form not losing agro to: Hell Bat, Cthulhu Minion, and Wisps.
v0.9.01a (September 1, 2018)
- New ores in Nightmare-difficulty ice-area: Cobalt and Bronzed
- New Cobalt armor
- Adjusted stats on some crafted armor sets.
- - Verdant was overtuned. I set it to level 30 armor, but it should have been for 28.
- - Golden Lodestone was not powerful enough and the stats have been increased.
- - All armor should automatically update stats, so no need to craft new ones.
- Reduced all materials needed to craft a rare ore bar from 3 down to 2 ores
- Slightly reduced the ore needs for creating Verdant Armor
- Greatly reduced the materials needed for creating Coffee. Coffee will be changing soon to be more interesting.
- Reduced the rate of unique drops after increasing it last patch.
- I forgot to add shoulders to dual wield graphics, so I went through and drew the shoulders for every armor type/combo. You should see them now.
- Fixed a bug where you had no arms if you had dual wield and Aspire or Cosmic armor
v0.8.30a (August 30, 2018)
Big Enchanter Update:
- All buffs on your Enchanter have been removed. All ancient items have been reset (toggled off).
- The Enchanter now has a class passive buff, centered around lightning damage type and a mind-break ability
- The Violet Eye has changed into The Heart of a Wisp, allowing you to illusion yourself as a wisp, fly and hide from enemies
- The Staggering Amulet has changed and is now a lightning area attack center on you.
- The Jade Skull of the Third Eye has the debuff mind-break added to the targets as well as stun. You can mind-break bosses.
- I made a small change to monster AI for cloaked/wisp-ed characters. Monsters remembered that you were their target for 1 second after you cloaked and could attack, but now won't.
- I made food/crops/mushrooms an instant use item for the hotbar
- After level 5, you are now able to eat as much food as you like. This is to allow food with buffs to be consumed at any time.
- Hunger and stamina percents (in the left-side stats display) now display as rounded numbers instead of truncated values
- The invasion boss will now drop an item of quality equal to them being a named-monster.
- Changed odds on named-monster/mini-boss drops a bit, decreasing rings, increasing uniques.
- I fixed a bug which caused particles (rain, torches, etc) to not work properly on the 0/512 wrap-around border.
- A long-standing bug which rarely placed two doors next to each other in the dungeon has been fixed.
- Rainbow wands (including spraying) were not using the right new bolt-images, but should be working now.
- Beam wands that were transformed into The Scythe of Death were not making beams, but are fixed now.
v0.8.27a (August 27, 2018)
- Tried to optimize particles (and rain) for low-end machines. It's hard to tell if I made much difference.
- Made ilb_config.txt command to turn off rain for now
- Slightly lowered the chance for rain
- When the automap is in the lower left corner, it stays open/visible while other UI pops up now. ESC doesn't close it either. You have to toggle it closed.
- I broke mouse-over popups on buff icons, but they are fixed.
- Fixed a double space typo on melee weapons if there isn't a modifier.
- Ogres just sat there frozen/inactive forever once they are hit by knockback, but they have decided to snap out of it now.
v0.8.26a (August 26, 2018)
- Rain has come to the world of ILB!
- Toned down the dust a bit on digging
- Endless Elixir now pops up your health-bar
- You could only turn Mushrooms into compost by waiting, but you can now use the composter on them
- Added dust effect to tilling
- If your familiar dies, it turns off/resets the ancient item now.
- Fixed a selection bug. You can now select/mouse-over things in the top part of screen.
- Digging sound now based on distance, no more doggo dig sounds on the surface
- Familiars were getting caught on things, but it should be better now. Not perfect, but better.
v0.8.24a (August 24, 2018)
- There are new particle effects when you dig. A little poof of dust. It may be too much, but we will see.
- When you dig with an item that does not produce blocks, instead it creates a particle-block that bounces and fades.
- Almost all wand projectiles have new graphics. Instead of square, plain particles, they now have a little "bolt" graphic.
- I made a very minor change to Necro pet AI that should improve it just slightly.
Wizard Update part two:
- Magic Shield has become Frozen Shield, combining Magic Shield and Icy Essay. If you get hit with shield, you shoot out freezing bolts.
- The wizard has a new Ancient Text called "Familiar Folio".
- - The familiar is a drake pet that follows the wizard around and shoots random status effects at targets.
- - It also gives an increase to elemental damage
- - It has nearly the same AI as Necro-skulls.
- There is a new Runeword for Wizards.
- Fixed the text of Finding affix to say "luck rating" instead of "magic find"
- Fixed the survival tree description of Adamantine Pickaxe to say "does not produce blocks".
- It said you could read scrolls in the bank, but you couldn't. It has been fixed.
- Shift + Right-mouse-button on ancient bar at vendor sells instead of just RMB without-shift to make to the same as the rest of inventory.
v0.8.22a (August 22, 2018)
- Reduced the screen-shake on Concussive melee weapons and added push-back (like wands)
- Unique armors now sell for gold
- Magic Find has an overhaul. It is now named: Luck Rating
- - Luck Rating is a diminishing returns formula that approaches 200% (double the old cap)
- - All items with Magic Find now have the same amount of points of Luck Rating
- - In general, if you had a low (less than 50) amount of magic find, your odds are a bit better now
- - At the old cap (100) it is still 100% increase
- - At 300 Luck Rating, it is about 150% increase
- When you increase your health through potions or ancient items, it updates/shows your health-bar
- Made the monster health bars a darker color to differentiate between yours and theirs. I may turn them green or some other color.
- The Adamantine Pick will no longer create blocks when mining. It will still create ore.
- Change The Great Leveler to unique item instead of Ancient. Making room for several operating uniques.
- - If you had The Great Leveler in your current ancient bar, it will pop out to the ground.
- Barely increased the odds of unique items (<1%), but improved the percentages between common, uncommon and rare once it choose to drop one. I increased uncommon and rare uniques.
- I changed the way that uniques drop (again). Unique crystals count as uniques as well now when dropping, along with new interactive uniques (like: The Great Leveler).
- The Lord High Marshall set has been improved. Regeneration is now percentage based and it has armor percentage as well. Only newly generated items will get these changes.
- I have started on the Wizard update, but it isn't complete
- - The Magic Shield has it's own yellow health bar now, so you can see the damage to your shielding
- - I've added a new sound to The Thunderstorm Text
- - The Wizard Passive is now in
- - More to come... Changes to Icy Essay and a new Runeword
v0.8.20a (August 20, 2018)
- When a Bard has increased song radius, the particle effect will change as well
- Updated the image for ripe and unharvest-able Black Bean plants to hopefully be more noticable.
- Fixed a small bug with Flight and you can now hold down the space bar to fly again.
- Sometimes when harvesting crystal plants, identify states and names were incorrrect on crystals, but it has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when the Warrior used Dash multiple times in the air, your vertical speed was never reset and you would take falling damage.
- The new Scythe of Death runeword had some bugs with different types of wands (spray, etc), but those are fixed now.
v0.8.18a (August 18, 2018)
- When you press 'E' (interact) to plant, it fills every nearby, highlighted dirt-mound.
- Once you start planting, you can hold down the 'E' (interact) button and move to speed-plant.
- When you change difficulties, I capped the monster levels at the max for that difficulty, rather than 50. For those with stray level 50 monsters in normal, this should help after a world reset.
- You can now sell items at the vendor by picking up the item and left-clicking it on the vendor window.
- There are 5 new unique items.
- Items with Double Jump (Ring, Aspiration Set, etc) now have Feather Falling Triple Jump instead
- Quick Draw Legs have changed so they are created with Wisdom or Grit depending on character class. Old versions won't change.
- Fixed a Typo in Octagonal Crystal
- Ore plants could not be "hold" harvested, because they weren't considered crops. They marched in the streets demanding equality and will now be considered crops.
- I believe I have fixed double mound bug (again). Old double-mounds will still exist.
- Money trees were spawning their gold too high above the tree, but it should be lower now
- Fixed a bug with the treasure tables involving unique items. You should see some more variety now.
- When you were speed-harvesting and had a full inventory it would give you 60 errors a second (with sound!) while the button was down. It now give you just a single error and stops.
- The recipe components were not updating when you created new compost, but do now
v0.8.17a (August 17, 2018)
- I changed quick sell at a vendor from (right mouse button) to (shift + rmb). This should help stop selling back bank tabs after you buy them and are excited to read them.
- You can now eat food, drink potions and read scrolls at the vendor with right mouse button. Tooltips are updated.
- If you bought bank tabs out of order (more expensive first) the prices would adjust and you would lose money. It now keeps track of which you buy.
- Gath'ack the Soulgazer has new AI, and a new room for Nightmare difficulty
- All of the bosses in Nightmare don't have backgrounds to easily place blocks and platforms on
- Big Necro changes:
- - Necro now has a passive
- -All buffs have been removed and ancient items toggled off for Necromancers.
- -I doubled the damage on the Grim Scythe (to: 100/200/500/1000)
- -Undead Heart has changed -- you now get Flight at Starting Rank, Slow Digestion moved to Tier 1 with infravision, Tier 4 increases Resistances
- -Soul Collector has changed -- Gain a soul on kill. Stacks to 10. Every time you are hit, uses 1 soul and unleashes bolts
- -There is a Necromancer runeword: The Scythe of Death
- If you were holding any item while food rotted anywhere in your inventory it caused you to drop the item off your mouse and place it back in inventory. This is fixed.
- Fixed calculation for monsters levels when switching between Normal and Nightmare difficulties. No more level 50s in the dirt in Normal!
v0.8.16a (August 16, 2018)
"Big melee weapon changes today!"
- There are now different modifiers on all melee weapons, much like wands. There may be more in the future.
- - Stunning: chance to stun your target
- - Slicing: chance to bleed your target
- - Cleaving: Hit all enemies at the target impact point
- - Bashing: Knock your target back when hit
- - Concussive: Launch an air projectile towards the mouse cursor
- New Scroll: Scroll of Discovery - read to reveal/map a nearby special room
v0.8.15b (August 15, 2018)
- Scrolls (including bank-tab expansions) can now be read by using the interact key ('e') as well as right-clicked. This way you can read them at the vendor.
- You can now extract seeds from crops at the vendor.
- I changed the way a monster checks line of sight to the player and a few reactions. There should be some small changes in play.
- The mouse-overs and click-able areas for the inventory were slightly off, but have been fixed.
- Many of the crystals had cut-off graphics at the bottom, but they show their entire graphic now.
- There were many artifacts on the edges of icons (gray-lines, stray pixels, etc) and other UI elements. I have done a pass and all UI graphics should be close to pixel-perfect.
- I fixed the pop-up box UI. Sometimes it would draw a jagged edge, but it should make a smooth box now.
- The code for mouse-over text on buffs/debuffs was incorrect and didn't follow the logic for the actual buffs/debuffs. It should be fixed.
- Buffs that gave you stacking execute stat didn't have mouse-over/identification text, but it says now.
- A long-standing bug that allowed monsters to see through the diagonal corners of blocks has been fixed.
- You could stop some monsters by placing a block right over their head, but that has been fixed.
- There is a rumor that if you have carrots in the fridge and you try to extract seeds from them with E, it is 100% that you will only get one seed per carrot, but I couldn't repeat this and the code looks correct.
v0.8.15a (August 15, 2018)
- Corruption was spreading WAY too fast, but it is back to the normal rate now.
v0.8.14b & v0.8.14c (August 14, 2018)
- Fixed a bug which crystal plants were growing at their debug rate instead of normal rate
- Fixed a bug that didn't raise the stack-limit on new potions that dropped, despite having the survival talent.
- You could no longer shift+rmb to pick up the fridge, but you can now.
v0.8.14a (August 14, 2018)
- Slightly moved the distance a pet follows at so you can see their face more often
- I halved the price of each bank tab. Sorry, those who bought them before, that gold is gone.
- There are now multiple gold fertilizers sold in General Store
- Sleep now heals a percentage, not a flat number. 1% on the ground, 2% in bed.
- The ALT key has some upgrades/changes
- - Fixed the bug that prevented some names above the items on the 512/0 wrap-around
- - Gold now says how much gold ("130 Gold")
- - The names try not to overlap
- The new Rich Clay Block is now available in Creative
- When a ring pattern drops, it will now say if you know the recipe on mouse-over in the world.
- Cobblestone is for sale at the General Store
- Some Farming changes:
- - You can now hold down the right-mouse-button and walk along harvesting everything in the path
- - When you use the composter, it tries to stack the compost you create with a stack in the inventory
- - New Survival Farming Tree Node: Double the stack size of seeds
- New Survival Cooking Tree Node: Double the stack size of potions
- You can now use the 'e' (or interact) key to convert crystal plants directly into crystal shards instead of harvesting first.
- Fixed World Corruption going beyond 80% of the world width
- If you ate the last item in a stack of food while sleeping, you woke up, but now you can eat and sleep at the same time all you want.
- If you placed a fridge down, opened it, then pick it up the fridge UI was still open. This has been fixed.
- You can now longer use the Whirling Charm and sleep at the same time.
v0.8.13b (August 13, 2018)
- I now force-evaluate your building states when you enter the game from loading, updating blueprint construction states to ensure building construction is possible.
- Fixed a bug with picking up buildings. It would prevent you from constructing new buildings after you made one, picked it up and deleted the blueprint.
v0.8.13a (August 13, 2018)
- The game now uses Vsync (Vertical Sync) to keep the framerate at your monitor refresh rate (usually 60 or 75 fps)! No more card meltdowns.
- - It is defaulted to ON
- - You can change it in the config file if you want to
- The Moon now has eight phases it goes through.
- After a long battle and years of comments, I have finally gone away from oil/smog torches. The smoke is much more transparent and the fire and smoke are slowed down a bit. It looks better.
- There is a new special room that can spawn in new dungeon levels: Mushrooms! Find these rooms to fill up on a dozen or so mushrooms.
- All special dirt rooms (gold, food, mushrooms, chests, crystals, etc) now have a special dirt graphic to help find them and change up the level graphics a bit. More block/level graphic changes coming.
- I have redone Ambient Pet movement. They now try and stay out of the way.
- You could trash building blueprints and it didn't update the crafting status so you could never make a new building. It now updates.
- Rarely, you could get two (or more) dirt mounds on a single block/tile. This has been fixed, but old double-mounds will still exist.
- If you crafted a Rune that wasn't one of the base common 8, it didn't mark Rune creation quest, but it does now.
v0.8.08a (August 8, 2018)
- Abel the Collector has been added
- - This NPC will appear only in Standard mode
- - Abel will retrieve your dropped items on death for a gold fee
- - The building is called the Twisted Tree and unlocked after placing the General Store (along with the Bank)
- - Abel will not go away during invasions
- - If you currently have items dropped in the dungeon, it won't be able to find those. Only items dropped after the patch.
- Items that are dropped on death remember which slot they came from and try to go back into that slot first
- Mushrooms have been changed
- - They are much more abundant
- - They now rot over time like all other food
- - Mushrooms can be placed in the fridge
- - All mushrooms will feed you, some with small side-effects
- - The "snack" mushroom will appear on the surface and be auto-identified
- Rats have been added to the game
- - They have few hit points and only drop small chunks of meat
- Both Rats and more mushrooms will not be in current worlds. New worlds will need to be created or regenerated to have them.
- I have removed Fireflies for a bit while they get a redo
- You can now eat directly out of fridge instead of having to place it in your inventory first
- You can no longer place buildings below the first world-zone
- Fixed a bug which didn't display the PI rune correctly when drawn in Green
v0.8.03a (August 3, 2018)
- You can no longer die of hunger. Instead, you get a severe debuff that goes away once you eat.
- Fixed a drop table bug where The Great Leveler was dropping too often.
- The Whirling Charm had the wrong buff icon.
- The Deadly Nimble icon said 100 when the item got changed to be 50% dodge, from 100. The icon now says 50.
v0.8.02a (August 2, 2018)
- You can now pick up and move buildings by shift+right-mouse-button on the NPC/vendor.
- You can now place buildings by picking them up in your inventory and placing them in the world instead of having to place them in your hotbar first.
- Items with cooldowns now display fractions of a second (1/10ths) if less than 1s is remaining.
- Fixed a bug which refreshed vendors if you loaded the game.
- The Great Leveler had a cooldown of less than a second and displayed 0 cooldown in the item description. It now displays 0.5 like it should.
- You could not trash items directly from the refridgerator, but you can now.
- While at the bank, you couldn't pick crystals out of equipment. This is fixed.
v0.7.31a (July 31, 2018)
- The Cleric ancient Endless Elixir has changed to The Surging Elixir. It now gives 2x Armor, 30% attack speed, and regeneration for 3 seconds. If you Smite while it is active, it extends it 1 second.
- There are new Iron Mace graphics.
- There are new Mace graphics as well. It now has spikes. The turkey leg is gone.
- The Tabard of Air returns as a general ancient item. It has 100% chance of a jump and you gain a stacking Attack Power buff until you land.
- The Great Leveler has returned as a general ancient item as well. It now has a cooldown of 1/2 a second.
- I have added the moon. Moon phases are coming.
- Both the moon and sun have new paths they take through the sky.
- I fixed targeting with the Ring of Digging. If any location is okay in the 3x3 it digs, unless one of the location is indestructible.
- The spiders from Drackel the Flesh Ooze will no longer freak out and flip back and forth constantly when on platforms.
v0.7.29a (July 29, 2018)
- Renamed all of the 2nd crafted weapons to start with the word "Improved" to help with the quest
- Changed the Learning potion text to reflect the new hotbar layout
- Accidentally started Cleric with sword and shield recipe instead of mace and shield and the quest would not complete. They now start with the correct recipe.
- If you created the improved mace, it didn't count for the Cleric Commander Vile quest, but that is also fixed.
- Fixed a bug when you opened the fridge, then clicked on the bank, both would be displayed.
- If you had the old Tabard of Air turned on and got the buff, it never went away. It should be fixed now.
v0.7.28b (July 28, 2018)
- Changed Whirlwind just slightly so that if you are attacking, press The Whirling Charm and hold the mouse down the entire time, you will continue attacking after whirlwind.
- Fixed a bug with Whirlwind and Mouse-wheel hotbar item changing. No more whirlwinding pickaxes or torches
v0.7.28a (July 28, 2018)
- All new Mace and Shield graphics!
- I redid the way classes use weapons so that I can easily toggle weapon types (wands, swords, maces, etc) on for each class.
- - The change was very large and could impact starting quests, altar combines and what items drop for classes. I tested, but there may be bugs.
- Each class now has an identifier making it an intelligence/wisdom class or a grit/vigor. It used to be determined by melee, but no longer. Make sure the affixes make sense for your class.
- Can now use wands or mace and shield. Old characters should have starting recipes and maces should drop.
- I changed The Diviner to cure all status effects as well as heal
- The Reflective Chestguard has changed a lot.
- - The reflective ability happens all the time, not just during a block or dodge.
- - The amount of damage your reflected bolt does is based on your weapon damage
- - The reflected bolt reflects towards your cursor location
- - The chance of reflecting is doubled if you are crouching
- The Tabard of Air has been removed. It will be making a comeback as a general ancient item later (with a cool improvement)
- New Ancient: The Whirling Charm
- If you died while in mid-dash with the Warrior, when you restarted in town, the dash would continue. This has been fixed.
- I forgot to enable the Wizard double-jump passive, but they should be able to double-jump now like the rest of us.
v0.7.23a (July 23, 2018)
- Double jump for all! I thought about this for a long time. The game is just more fun with double jump.
- - There will be changes to items/uniques that gave you double jump in the coming days. I have a planned substitute ability.
- The Double Jump ring pattern will no longer drop.
- Wisps have a change to their AI. They may do too much damage. Be careful hardcores!
- The Cleric now has its class passive: Smite
- Smite: Every time you vanquish a foe, gain a level-scaled, stacking Armor and level-scaled Attack Power buff
- The Endless Elixir has changed
- - It now runs for 30 seconds, but the regen % boosts on ranks (2,3,4,5%)
- - It now cures all status aliments on use
- I am debating one more change for Cleric before I move to Enchanter tomorrow.
- I added a small, quick AoE stun to the end of the Ancient Plate Boots dash
- The digging component of the Ancient Plate Boots has a smaller radius now
- The HP regen for Rank 3 of the Defensive stance was broken, but is fixed now. It may be too good.
- Bards had an annoying quest (to make the original weapon) stuck/always up. You can (re)complete it now and it goes away.
v0.7.21a (July 21, 2018)
- I changed the damage on the dash digging to scale with your player level. There were some reports of deep-down digging being a problem. - I changed the way the dash calculates your final position. You should be able to dash into smaller spaces now. - Added a combat-style description string when starting a character so you can tell if it is ranged or melee - Changed the recipe reveal tip from "Improved wand and iron armor" to "Improved weapon and iron armor" - Many missile sounds were not being changed due to position in the world, but now are. This should help with Surface Eye (Seeker) bombs. - Intelligence shrines have been changed to give you Grit if you are melee
- Fixed a bug where if you dashed right next to you, the dash particles would never end. Though it looked cool, it was not the intent. - Fixed a terrible bug where you would lose your arms while switching items mid-swing. You couldn't get them back until you died. - You could dash into the ground. Though I saw it done a million times, I had a tough time repeating it. I put in a fix. We will see. - Fixed a typo: dealt
v0.7.20a (July 20, 2018)
- Warrior has been unlocked! Dash and slay your way to fun!
- I changed the way percentage regeneration works in the game. Instead of just being 1%, it can be any percent and it can stack.
- - Endless Elixir got the health regeneration increased from 1% to 5%
- - The Golden Goblet also got increased from 1% to 5%
- - I put the changes to regeneration in that inventory stats window. It now displays HPs/sec and percent HP/sec.
- I changed the audio engine to only play 1 "copy" of a sound in a given frame. This should stop the sounds bursting to really loud.
- I reduced the damage on the Imp Riders, but I'm not sure if they were really doing too much damage. It looked okay to me, but reports were different.
- Ring of Critical Protection has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds of immunity
- The Holy Vial grants you 3 seconds of immunity when it triggers
- Elemental damage increases were not working for swords/melee. It will now be working and show properly in the stats window.
v0.7.18c (July 18, 2018)
- Fixed a bug which would sometimes spawn the wrong ilevel for an item in nightmare difficulty
v0.7.18b (July 18, 2018)
- Unique items will now display their ilevel when you mouse-over them
Bugs: - Fixed a bug which would prevent unique items from being fully generated without all of their stats.
v0.7.18a (July 18, 2018)
- Crystals now display ilevel when you mouse-over them
- Slightly reduced the damage done by the Bard Ukulele to 50/100/150/200% of your attack power
- Dirt tiles are now for sale in General Store
- There were quite a few changes to the 4th boss
- - The eye-spiders only have a 50% chance of spawning, have less hit points and attack less often
- - The lasers shooting out of the boss have been reduced in number, but now dig blocks
- - The boss eye has an aura of damage if you get close to it
- - The eye-spiders no longer wander out of the room
- The way that many items drop is very different. Before, many drops were based on treasure tables and ilevel. Now difficulty and world-zone influence the drop.
- - This should fix all the potion drops in the game. You should get the right potions in normal and nightmare.
- - This will change the way unique items select which crystal slot shape to use
- - It also will change which shapes of crystals drop in the dungeon. Nightmare goes through the same progression as normal.
- - New support armors for nightmare are coming soon to help with the crystal drops. For now, Uniques will be the progression.
- A bug which would destroy your wand when you tried to create a staff and you would lose everything has been fixed. Sorry about that.
- Fixed a typo: Symphonic
- Comfort chili didn't go into the fridge (and raw meat and pot pie). No one likes cold chili, but it should go in there anyhow despite taste logic.
- You can move move ancient items from the new bar into the bank directly instead of going to inventory first.
- I fixed a bug which would cause you to swing when you picked up swords sometimes.
v0.7.15a (July 15, 2018)
- Added Runeword unique weapons for both Bard and Rogue with unique graphics - Changed Rogue to have up to 15 Deep Wounds instead of 10, but Ancient Items will consume a maximum of 10. This way you can use 2 skills quickly. - Changed some descriptions of Bard Ancient Items to include the word "magic" damage when appropriate. - The rogue has a better lighting calculations when in shadows now. They will be darker and it will be more obvious.
- There was a typo in the Deep Wounds buff description when you mouse-over the buff icon. - Some of the stats were not displaying in the inventory stats window, but they are back. They always worked, just not displayed. - Commander Vile was not checking where it was spawning and could spawn inside of blocks and be stuck. It proclaimed "I WILL NOT BE STOPPED BY BLOCKS" and it was so.
v0.7.13a (July 13, 2018)
- Players now have a passive class buff. Just the bard and rogue are starting with them for now. - Bard Passive: Double Jump, 20% Magic Elemental Damage increase - Rogue: Double Jump, 50% of hits generate Deep Wounds, and 20% Poison Elemental Damage increase
- From above, obviously rogue has changed. Deep wounds no longer come from the cloak and critical hits, but now just happen from attacking. - Deep Wounds provides 1% critical hit per stack - The bard BPAoEs have been changed to damage type of magic - Magic damage percentage increases can now appear on items as a random affix - Magic damage percentage is now displayed in your inventory stats panel - Bard Ukulele damage has been increased to 100/150/200/250% of Attack Power - I greatly decreased the amount of damage that the doggos do when they have riders. The were balanced before melee. - Double Jump has been removed from melee items
- Crystal crops were using the wrong stats when choosing what type of plant to generate. They should be working and Ultra-rare and Unique crystals are possible. - In the strangest bug of all time category: If you quit to main menu and went back into the game 8 times, it would crash. It has been fixed. - If you opened up the shop and the fridge at the same time, bad things happened. Bad things. Now they close each other if one is open. - Crystal crops were not leaving dirt mounds after harvesting, but they do now.
v0.7.12a (July 12, 2018)
- I forgot to finish adding the Ancient Item: Cauterize and set it to drop. It should now be working. - Increased the survival rank cap from 25 to 35. You should be able to get everything now. - The Ancient Tome of Fire has its buff icon updated
- Verdant armor recipes had two helms and no boots. This has been corrected. There are now boots and a helm. - Meat was left off the list of okay items for the fridge. Despite vegetarian protests, meat can now go in there. - Crystal plants (and crystals in general) were the wrong shape in nightmare difficulty. They are now all the shapes, which will make nightmare harder since there isn't all the armor yet. - You could not pick up refrigerators or composters off the ground, but through the miracle of science, you now can. - Refrigerators and composters refused to be trashed and become part of the void landfill problem. But they realized it was a void and are okay with being trashed now. - When you learned a new recipe it said, "View it by pressing 'e'" instead of 'p' (crafting panel). This was confusing since 'e' did nothing at that time. People were stymied and never crafted again. - Grit to Armor was being calculated in the wrong place and armor percent wasn't applying. This has been fixed. - Elite/named monsters were spawning with their normal hit points instead of elite hit points, but scaling their max. This is fixed, but the world has to be new for it to work. Old elites will be weak. - Fixed a long standing bug where you could sell a duplicate ancient item and eventually gain a double buff.
v0.7.11c (July 11, 2018)
- It wasn't clear that the new recall button ('t') was back to homestone only, so I changed the text
- Fixed a bug where low-level affixes could generate negative numbers and appear to not have stats (I only display positive). The minimum is now 1. - If you brought up the ESC menu and didn't have anything selected, pressing Enter would remove the menu and keep the game paused. No longer! - Quick Vault could be picked up and then it broke in a variety of ways. It can no longer be picked up once placed. - The bard (and other) ancient item vfx weren't initializing properly after load, but they are now. Long live the notes! - I forgot to save food in the refrigerator to your save file. The food will now be there when you log back in... facepalm - The fourth boss wasn't checking if the player was in range to attack and was attacking all the time, even when you were on the surface. - One description said "dual swords and shield" but it now just says "dual swords". The shield was a lie. - Ultra rare melee weapons had the wrong names. I changed it so they have appropriate names and different names for dual wield vs. sword and shield. - The crafting panel displayed the wrong stats for starting swords. It didn't scale the numbers, but it crafted okay. Now it shows the correct numbers.
v0.7.11b (July 11, 2018)
- Fixed a bug where I left invasions at 100%. Bad Dave. Bad.
v0.7.11a (July 11, 2018)
- There are a few additional character slots for save files. - There is a new monster in the lower part of the dungeon. More new monsters soon. - Recipes now display newest->oldest instead of oldest->newest. - Invasion monsters create dirt blocks when the blow up - Scrolls of Blink, experience and acquirement have been removed. Too many abuses and Blink was terrible. Instead there is a new Cleanse scroll that removes status effects. - Runes upgrades have been moved to the crafting bar instead of having the recipe and using an altar - There is a new gem shape - The first armor in Nightmare now exists - Nightmare difficulty has new level scaling and goes from 20-40 now, preparing for Hell. - I added a Quick Vault which allows you access to your bank anywhere in the game for 1 minute at any time, including during invasions - I added a composter which changes an entire stack of crops to compost. I’m not wild about the UI with it, but I will await feedback. - The refrigerator is in the game. You can store 8 stacks of food/crops/seeds in there and they will never rot. - The speed of monsters has a small variety now, so stacking should be a bit better, but isn’t fixed. I will be working on a new way to place monsters so they aren’t quite as stacked. - All unique items start out unidentified now - I doubled the performance of lighting calculations, then realized I was calling it 100x to much. Calling it the right amount of times now gives most people 2-3x FPS - The concept of Alchemy is gone. You can make coffee and there is a single Survival node to make health potions. - The general vendor now sells health potions - There is a new “jumbo” heal potion - Green beans have been changed to Black Beans, meaning no more green bean chili. - When you pick crops, the dirt mounds now stick around. If you had a fertilized dirt mound, it will still be fertilized after you pick the crop. - Perennial plants (berry bushes, tomatoes, coffee plants, beans, etc) now have a limited number of picks before they are used and don’t respawn. This does not apply to the berry bushes spawned at the beginning of the game. They last forever. - I was calculating Unique item stats incorrectly. They are now much more in line with crafted items.
- Bard is now sword and shield. They have a few new/changed ancient items including a new AoE. - Cleric has the Goblet removed and a new Endless Elixir - Rogue plays very differently. They now create stacks of Deep Wounds and the other ancients use these Deep Wound Stacks to power the abilities. They are now dual wield. - The Violet eye now places an eye at your mouse-cursor
- Double tree bug is fixed! - You can no longer reset the world with a time/space scroll while an invasion is going on - Illuminating blocks in the bottom layer weren’t lighting the monsters correctly. Now they won’t pop as much - Crystals should be the right rarity out of crystal nodes
v0.5.30b (May 31, 2018)
- Added Execute to the stats window in the inventory
- Changed the Death Strike text a bit to say 5% chance
- Death Strike wands were broken. They should execute properly now.
v0.5.30a (May 31, 2018)
This will be the last of the mini-bug-fix-patches for a few days. I will be working on a new content update.
- All buffs have been removed and ancient items reset. There was an exploit bug with trashing ancient items and keeping the abilities.
- Fixed a bug that allowed you to keep the buff/stats from an ancient item if you trashed it - Removed the level-up warning messages for creative (food/item-drops) - You could read a Time/Space scroll while recalling and end up in a bad place - When you were placing blocks or buildings, all blocks that were touched while placing had their hit points set to 0 and could be mined in one hit. No idea why I set it to 0. This no longer happens. - You could duplicate an placeable object (like forge) at the banker, but it has been fixed. It didn't really dupe and would destroy your hotbar slot 0 item. - When digging, wall torches didn't behave correctly. They would pop off the walls when blocks nearby were dug. They should work well now. - If you placed your homestone below the dirt layer and reset the world, you could never make a new homestone. This has been fixed.
v0.5.29b (May 30, 2018)
- The Divine Circlet was imbalanced. I originally set the percentages when armor was much lower. I redid armor values and didn't change it. It is now 10/15/20/25%. - Growth wands have had their stack max reduced to 50 - When you select away from a growth wand, the buff disappears - Increased the heal per target when using the Grim Scythe to 25/50/100/200. - Add a visual effect to the Grim Scythe - Reduced the cooldown on Grim Scythe to 10s - Decreased damage done by the Grim Scythe slightly to 50/100/250/500 because of the shorter cooldown
- Cloak of Shadows was breaking the eye-spiders from the heart-boss and they would just sit there. Now they move. - Heart/Eye boss wasn't attacking. Now it feels better and will kill once again. - Magic shield gave you 50/100/250/500 but it said 50/100/200/400. Now the text says 50/100/250/500 like it should.
v0.5.25a (May 26, 2018)
- I forgot to mention that Magic Find has been capped at 100% and is now displayed in the inventory stats window. - Added the Critical Damage Heal amount to the stats display list - Execute resets it's stacks every time it executes something
- Rarely, the math could screw up and instead of dealing 500k+ damage, it would heal you. It has been fixed. Now you will die. Horribly. - Bosses were dropping the wrong crystals in Nightmare, but it has been fixed - Magic Find was not working properly with the new uniques and should be working now. - Necro Ice Pets were not taking max health, but just health. I changed the description, but not the code. This is fixed. - The Corroding Prism had the wrong buff icon when activated.
v0.5.24a (May 24, 2018)
- YOUR CLASS ANCIENT ITEMS HAVE BEEN DELETED. NEW ONES SHOULD BE GIVEN WHEN YOU LOG IN. **
- ALL OF YOUR BUFFS HAVE BEEN REMOVED **
Many classes have had several changes to their ancient items, including brand new ones. The font has new tech which should render it better There were changes to the second and third bosses and they should play better now Many new unique items, including unique crystals Improved Stats window in your inventory Some improvements to Nightmare, more to come Two new item slots (ambient pet, class items)
Overall the game has been tuned much harder in the later levels. Be VERY careful.
Tons of bug fixes, including the infamous double-item bug.
Completed Features: Remapped hotkeys now display on the hotbar You can donate items to the vendor that sell for 0 gold Increased the level difference range that monsters give experience from 5 to 10 Tree saplings can appear in seed bags Changed the Speed cap to 30 (from 20) and displayed it Bard song no longer wakes you up from sleeping, but does no damage instead The bottom zone has new improved wall tiles Health and recharge bars above the character's head now go above background blocks Placed shrines on indestructible blocks Ambient pets now have a slot on the character. Place in the slot to summon, remove to unsummon. Changed the way magic bonuses are calculated so you should find better random items based on ilevel Added several new affixes You now get an ancient item early in the game (right after instant items tutorial quest) as well as level 5, 10, etc I rescaled hunger in the beginning of the game. You lose hunger at 1/4 the rate until level 4, then 1/2 the rate until level 8 When you pick up gold, it now displays a message saying how much you picked up New wheat seed graphics There is a new version of FMOD (sound playing library) There is a new wand damage type There is a new wand delivery type
New ilb_config.txt lines: You can set the hit point bar to always be on (hp_bar 0 [off] or 1 [on]) You can set the mini map to toggle between 3 or toggle between 1 mode (map_mode 0 [all], 1 [overlay], 2 [window], or 3 [corner])
The can't pick up double-item bug has been fixed! The Eye boss had several room layouts for some reason You could do some swapping and end up with a stack of items in the altar, which was bad When you died, the mouse cursor and menu location selections were out of sync Devour tooltip had a typo Fixed a flicker at the top of the screen, which would create red flashing lines at the top Pets now fall if you dig the ground beneath them Coffee berries now have rot and seed tooltips Two resistance rings do stack, but reports were they didn't Stacking elemental buff from exceptional items didn't have a tooltip on the buff icon Wands lost their recharge time and charge counts in the tooltip when they became staves, but they have been found When digging the rare ore in an area first, it wouldn't unlock the recipe. This meant they never became bars. They were sad. When converting Aspire armor to Cosmic armor, it would keep the Aspire set bonuses. No longer I say! Sculpted Dark Cube now looks like it should instead of wood when placed in the world.
ANCIENT ITEM CHANGES:
Bard: Amplified Scream – New ancient item amplifies a damaging scream when you get critically hit
Cleric: Golden Goblet – Add a regen over time when you drink a potion
Rogue: Cloak of Shadows - Will now work better. Monsters instantly lose you as a target. Poisonous Phial – An active skill, shooting many bolts that always poison your enemies
Enchanter: The Violet Eye has changed to The Dazzling Eye The Dazzling Eye – create a non-attacking pet that wipes your enemy’s minds and they can target it Mind of Clarity – now gives you a chance to skip using a charge when you shoot instead of an intelligence boost The Corroding Prism – an activated attack that lowers the resistance of all enemies around you
Necromancer: Ice Skulls -- I've worked on the AI a bit and they should be much better at getting out of the way, moving around, and targeting/attacking things. Grim Scythe – Instantly do damage all around you and leach life from each target First One’s Bone – Become a Lich for a few seconds and gain more and more powerful abilities Soul Collector – Every time you kill, collect a soul. Once you reach 5, a burst of dark magic explodes from you Undead Heart – Gain amazing abilities as you rank it up, from slow digestion to ???
Wizard: Magic Shield has been revamped. It will now display on the UI and recharge over time The Icy Essay – shoot a pair piercing bolts that freeze your enemies around you The Thunderstorm Text – Send a wave of reflective lightning bolts at the cursor
v0.5.06a (May 6, 2018)
After being away for a few days, there was a lot of debugging of broken games/saves that needed to be done right away.
Key remapping remains my 2nd biggest priority behind crash/save/load bugs.
In theory, I'm going to breathe for a minute in the next few days and make a roadmap.
- I further reduced the number of monsters in the portal entrance.
- Cleaned up the exit from the game if you fail to create a window or can't initialize DirectX to give better debug info.
- The Piercing Piccolo will now break stealth and wake you up from sleep
- You can only continue to rest at 100% in beds
- Doubled the number of entities you can have in the game. Some people had 6000+ torches/platforms (or dirt blocks) and were running out of space.
- Doubled the number of objects that can be drawn on the screen for those giant farms. Don't know how performant it will be, but you can do it.
- Decreased the number of fire particles from torches if the framerate starts to drop too far
- While pressing ALT, item names will now display in their rarity color on the ground
- Okay, step #2 of many to get rebinding keys into the game. I changed the font stuff again. This time, I:
1) Made an outlined font texture instead of doing it with code.
2) Changed the player status to be outlined in the upper right for read-ability
3) Changed the concept of the texture to help with it being more pixel-perfect. It isn't perfect yet, but it should be better.
4) Made a tiny version of the font for the main-bar remapping and added unsual keys to the font (page-up, arrows, etc)
Note: Let me know if I broke the font somewhere with a screenshot. Thanks!
- Fixed an infinite loop bug caused when you used the Violet Eye on one of your own Necro skulls
- There was a typo in the ancient item description about placing it on the main bar
- Fixed a scaling bug at level 50. Your stats should be fixed now.
v0.5.01a (May 2, 2018)
Features: - Changed the way I detect display modes and how many display modes I can handle. Should detect more resolutions than before. - AI now handles losing a target in a much better way. Should see less erratic behavior post-charming. Please pay attention to AI. This is a big change. Note odd behavior.
Bugs: - When a doggo had a target, and that target was deleted, there was a chance that the doggo would crash the game. Bad doggo. Bad. - The new end of demo text message is for the quest dialog, not the screen. It was too big. It has been removed. - Fixed a bug where Cosmic set items were not displaying the right text. They were displaying Aspire text instead.
v0.4.30a (April 30, 2018)
- Pressing down ('s') while having the gliding ability will let you fall faster. You will not take damage from falling.
- Some people were accidentally clicking on bank-tabs at the vendor after buying them and selling them back and not expanding their bank. You can no longer sell bank tabs back.
- Changed the message after boss 3 in normal difficulty to give more information about what to do next.
- Changed the portal scroll to reveal all the portal entrances, instead of the first one in your map if you have more than one
- The Wizard's Book of Magic Shield was broken. If you took elemental damage (poison, fire, etc) it would refresh the shield to full. This has been fixed. Wizards no longer invincible. Watch out!
- The Jade Skull of the Third Eye could stun bosses. This has been fixed. I wanted to keep it for enchanters, but it is causing exploits and bugs, including crashes.
- If you used the Great Leveler and slept at the same time, you would take massive damage because you were asleep and falling. This has been fixed.
- Homestones, boss bags and a few other things were trash-able. It could block progress in the game. This has been fixed.
- Removing a crystal from the armor kept the rarity color of the crystal. It should now change back to the right rarity.
- Adding a crystal to a unique armor changed the rarity color. This should not happen anymore.
- Properly named King Berzerker as Mad Berzerker. It was right in the patch notes and wrong in the game.
- Demon Riders in portal areas were being spawned at level 0. They are now correctly leveled.
- Fixed players loading the game with survival points to spend and the green plus not showing up.
- Digging blocks under ghost and wisps (and other flying monsters) made many of them disappear. This has been fixed.
- I think I fixed yet another bug with the unique monsters merging together. This time I mean it. Really. I swear.
v0.4.29a (April 30, 2018)
- The first two Unique item drops are in the game; Mad Berzerker and Blurred Swiftness. They can only drop from bosses and named monsters.
- I added a new monster called the Demon Rider. They are located in the deepest zone of the world.
- When Wisps explode on you, they create mini-wisps. The explosion damage wasn't working. If you kill them before they reach you, they don't.
- Greatly increased the amount of hit points the necro skulls have and gave them a regen. Pathing improvements coming soon.
- Changed carrot seed icons. They looked too similar to cabbage.
- Holy Vial now has a different cooldown on use vs toggle
- Fixed a bug where the unique monsters were not using their unique textures and looked normal, or were riding doggos.
- I think I fixed a crash on exit. I was mishandling the release of the new font texture.
- Removed the word 'plus' from ancient ranking message in tooltip. It used to cost another resource but now it doesn't and I left the word in.
- There were rare instances when Holy Vial was not working. It should work all the time now.
- Ice/Fire percent damage items were not being shown correctly in the UI. They still had their damage applied correct, but not shown.
v0.4.28a (April 30, 2018)
- Reduced the price of the both bank tabs and added 2 more. You can now have 6 total bank pages (start with 2, add 4).
- When you fail to combine something at the altar, it will no longer destroy your components.
- I expanded the range that you can do damage to monsters from 10 levels above your level to 15
- I put in a message in the monster mouse-over information window if the level difference is too great and how much damage is reduced
- Reduced the number of monsters that can appear in the first room on the other side of a portal
- Moved the font into it's own texture. This was needed for a lot of reasons, but biggest one is step 1 in supporting key-rebinding. Watch for missing text please.
- Shift+Right-click at the bank tries to stack the item first, then go to any available slot in the currently open page, then anywhere
- Runeword upgrade scrolls were not stacking like other Runeword scrolls. They now stack to 20 as well.
- Fixed a "recommended" typo
- Ore and bars were selling for the same amount. Bars are now worth 1-3x ore depending on how much ore it costs to make the bar.
0.4.27b (April 30, 2018)
- Removed the possibilty of an invasion until a bit later in the game. Some people were getting them really early.
- Made sure that at least one cobblestone patch and one iron ore patch was near the surface
- Moved the reward of the hoe from the farming quest to the seeds/rest/eating quest. This should allow farming earlier.
- Increased the number of carrots and cabbages slightly at the beginning.
- Gave the 3rd boss a bit more hps, a bit more damage and shoots faster. More changes to come!
- You can now rest as long as you like, even when you are 100% stamina. You heal while resting.
- Fixed a bug with Pureguard. I nerfed the text, but not the actual item a while ago. Now they match.
- With the Unicode change from before, the gold and crystal shard images were broken. They should appear now.
v0.4.27a (April 30, 2018)
- Changed the entire code base from ASCII to Unicode to support forgein language Windows.
This is a big change that should allow people with non-English characters in their account names to save files!
Please pay attention to the text in the game. It is also Unicode now and report any bugs please.
- Turned on the debug_log.txt file on exit without a popup notification. This should provide some information on bugs people are having.
I hope to have another patch today with content but wanted to get this fix out asap.
v0.4.24b (April 30, 2018)
Welcome to Early Access!
- Did a pass on the armor stats. The numbers were all over the place. Should be much better now.
- Added a first-time tips sequence after you create a character. This will only be shown once.
- Added a warning to hardcore
- Changed the Survival panel to display what the talent does even once you've taken it.
- Aspirational and Cosmic armor were not increasing their stats properly. This has been fixed. Only new versions of these armors will have correct stats.
- When you used The Violet eye or The Obliterater, you could put it on your bar, click it, put it back into inventory and use it. This has been fixed.